Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fade street social open tonight

Options
  • 25-10-2012 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

This new venture opens tonight on fade street. Sounds quite interesting as it appears to be 3 different restaraunts along with a bar and a seperate roof terrace. Anyone going over the weekend? Would be interested to hear reviews and if its the kind of place you can just go for a drink at :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'm just saying, do you work for the Vintner's association? Every post is about pubs opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Ha, no. I dont even know what that is. But im a regular diner/ drinker. So always looking for reccomendations. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lulu03

We went there last night. It was a dissapointment. Overpriced and small portions. Most dishes were a tapa style and cost a tenner. Octopus was great - visually - but lacked in flavour. Beef carpaccio was nice. Steak and pork could have been a little bit bigger. Banoffee was lovely. With a bottle of wine and a couple of sides the bill came to €107.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

lulu03 wrote: »
    We went there last night. It was a dissapointment. Overpriced and small portions. Most dishes were a tapa style and cost a tenner. Octopus was great - visually - but lacked in flavour. Beef carpaccio was nice. Steak and pork could have been a little bit bigger. Banoffee was lovely. With a bottle of wine and a couple of sides the bill came to €107.

I'd agree with most of this. Some dishes were good and some weren't. I'd recommend the sirloin and crab toasties, I wouldn't recommend the popcorn chicken and squid. I'd probably go back in a few months when they work the dud dishes out of the menu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Is that Dylan McGrath's new place? I heard they charge 4 euro for a coffee. Is that true?

Is it one of those 'passed through the bowels of a lemur' type of coffees or is it just 'hey I think we should charge a ridiculous price for a coffee' type of coffees?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Is that Dylan McGrath's new place? I heard they charge 4 euro for a coffee. Is that true?

Is it one of those 'passed through the bowels of a lemur' type of coffees or is it just 'hey I think we should charge a ridiculous price for a coffee' type of coffees?

Americano €3.25, Cappucino €4.00, Latte €4.00 :eek:
    €2.90 for a cup of tea, sweet lord

Menu here

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Seems pricey alright - but I expect it to be a success all the same

Advertisement