Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"No money" days in a bank???

Options
  • 25-10-2012 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Went to the bank today to put a cheque in. The staff were very polite and I'm not criticising them at all, they didn't come up with the rule, but what kind of numpty eejit decided BANKS should have money free days on Wednesdays and Thursdays?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭daheff

There are some bank branches that dont accept cash at all.

The whole banking system is getting beyond a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Alannah,

Branches which cashless days all have Lodgement ATM's which allow customers to do both cheque and cash lodgements. You will be provided with a receipt from the machine when lodging money in this manner. If you have any issues lodging money, please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff for assistance.

If there was a different issue, please let us know.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Alannah Gallagher

Hello Linda,

the lodgement machines don't accept cheques sent from overseas. Any idea if or when they will?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Alannah,

There are currently no plans to accept foreign cheques via the Lodgements ATMs. We have passed on this feedback to the appropriate team. Where possible you may want to look into the option of having the payments made directly into your account electronically. We're aware that this will not be possible in all cases. Apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Thanks
    Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭harolds57

Hi Alannah,

Branches which cashless days all have Lodgement ATM's which allow customers to do both cheque and cash lodgements. You will be provided with a receipt from the machine when lodging money in this manner. If you have any issues lodging money, please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff for assistance.

If there was a different issue, please let us know.

Thanks
    Linda

Just wondering do the bank take responsibility straight away for the money there customer has lodged as regards these lodgement ATM's. Previously the envelope lodgement facility they didn’t till it was counted and signed off by a member of staff.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Are Bank of Ireland charging their customers a fee for lodging their cash and cheques via Atm? If so how much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi delthedriver,

Thanks for posting.

All transactions in or out of an account, regardless of how it is requested incurs a transaction fee, unless the account qualifies for our No Transaction Fees Offer. How much the fee is will depend on what type of account the customer holds. For Personal Customers, transactions are charged at 28c each. The transaction fee for automated transactions on business accounts is 24c per transaction.

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi harolds57,

If it is a cash lodgement, it goes directly into the account.

If it is a cheque lodgement - it will have to be verified first, which is done checked serveral times a day.

If it is a mixed lodgement of both cash and cheques - the cash element will appear straight away, again the cheques will have to be verified.

Thanks
    Linda

Hi delthedriver,

Thanks for posting.

All transactions in or out of an account, regardless of how it is requested incurs a transaction fee, unless the account qualifies for our No Transaction Fees Offer. How much the fee is will depend on what type of account the customer holds. For Personal Customers, transactions are charged at 28c each. The transaction fee for automated transactions on business accounts is 24c per transaction.

Thanks
    Tara

It sounds like the next stage will be for the bank branch to disappear altogether!
    Looks like Bank of Ireland will only do business via ATM 's or online.

It sounds like the next stage will be for the bank branch to disappear altogether!
    Looks like Bank of Ireland will only do business via ATM 's or online.

Tara,
    In the absence of a reply to my comment above it looks like BOI do not wish to communicate in any shape of form? Perhaps it is a question for Richie Boucher to address? Though from what I hear and read in the media, addressing questions is something he avoids. One would get the impression from BOI that they would
    Prefer if their clients would simply push off and go elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Tara,
    In the absence of a reply to my comment above it looks like BOI do not wish to communicate in any shape of form? Perhaps it is a question for Richie Boucher to address? Though from what I hear and read in the media, addressing questions is something he avoids. One would get the impression from BOI that they would
    Prefer if their clients would simply push off and go elsewhere.

Did you ask a question? Doesnt look like it

godtabh wrote: »
    Did you ask a question? Doesnt look like it

GOTABH, you may be correct though somewhat pedantic. When I replied to Tara initially, I made a statement, which was neither confirmed nor denied by BOI!
    Hence I followed up with a series of questions which I am certain BOI are capable of reading and responding to but may choose otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi delthedriver,

We will always reply to any direct questions asked and we pass on all comments and feedback received here to the appropriate departments.

We have commented on another thread about the future of our branch network.
    Bank of Ireland recently re-affirmed that its national branch network remains and will continue to be an integral part of a multi-channel approach to serve and recruit personal and business customers in Ireland. We are also investing in technology (branch, mobile and online), in particular using electronic channels to migrate routine transactions from branches and further improve customer service and convenience.

This approach provides customer flexibility through technology and the most extensive Irish branch network, highly efficient provision of a comprehensive and competitive range of products and services and nationwide access to teams of trained and skilled staff who provide high quality advice to personal and business customers.

I hope this answers your questions.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi delthedriver,

We will always reply to any direct questions asked and we pass on all comments and feedback received here to the appropriate departments.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Tara,
    thank you for your response.
    It probably raises more queries. It would appear to be the usual Corporate BS , reserved usually for media and press releases.
    When the business is run by electronic means, what will all the staff be doing in your large branch network?? C'mon , smell the coffee.
    Best wishes

Hi delthedriver,

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Tara,

Hope you enjoyed your weekend.
    While you we're away from your desk , see Business Section Saturday's Irish Independent, Bank of Ireland closes branch after 186 years!
    94 O'Connell Street Limerick to close shortly.
    This is completely at odds with the Corporate BS , BoI let you release last week.
    I guess the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.
    Banks have no credibility.
    Awaiting your reply please

Delthedriver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi delthedriver,

I've linked to this announcement by Pat in your other thread about our Upcoming Branch Merges.

If you've any queries, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Graham

Advertisement