Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing laptop screen brackets?

Options
  • 25-10-2012 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I had to open up my laptop screen (not my first time doing so) to see what was causing a 30 degree sway on my laptop screen.

I got everything opened and it turns out the screen brackets had snapped where they screw into the screen hinges.

How would I go about getting replacement screen brackets? My laptop is and MSI laptop from Argos so no access to warranty (I've had it a while anyway) and there are no MSI shops / dealers / what ever you would call them in Ireland to my knowledge.

I tried searching ebay for the screen bracket number: 'MSI 7311' as is engraved on the brackets themselves but got no hits. Closest hit is for mini notebook hinges which are no good.

Any help greatly appreciated. If you guys know of spurious third party ones I would be more than happy to go with those if they are the correct fit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I have seen this kind of thing a few times in the past with Dell laptops in particular. I have found that it's usually the place where the hinges connect to the plastic frame of the screen where these break. Depending on the age of the laptop you may be able to do a bit of a bodge job on it, I "fixed" one before by holding everything together with some hot melt glue. Worked quite well actually.

Don't search for the code on the bracket, search for "laptop name" screen bracket.

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_kw=msi&_kw=screen&_kw=bracket&_dmpt=UK_Computing_Other_Computing_Networking

Advertisement