Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junoir cert technology project topics 2013

Options
  • 25-10-2012 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hey guys the junior cert technology topics were given to our school yesterday the topics were :

A- Design and make a working model of a walking aid for the elderly/infirm.The aid must include a compartment to hold items purchased when shopping.It must also have a suitable lighting system for use at night.

B-A company producing wind turbines wishes to give its customers a novelty cooling fan that represents there business.Design and make such a cooling fan to include suitable advertising.The fan must switch on and off automatically in response to the surrounding temperature. **

C- Design and make an all weather wild bird feeder station for use in the garden.Your design must include a suitable electronic system to indicate that a bird is feeding at the station.***

D-A sports academy wishes to have height adjustable basketball hoops for their basketball arena.Design and make a working model of a basketball hoop where the height of the hoop can be adjusted electro-mechanically ( limit/proximity switches should be incorporated as part of the control system).

E-Design and make a working model of an animated window display to advertise an upcoming rock festival or concert.

F-Potted plants are often left outdoor in the spring months.Night time temperatures however, can drop below freezing point potentially damaging the plants.Design and make a suitably scaled electro-mechanical canopy that will cover the plants when the temperature drops and retract when the temperature rises. *

So guys as u can see most of them are prety hard. The bird feeder caught my eye as its simpler but can be modified in many different ways.The fan also caught my eye as it could also be incorparated as a wind turbine ect but the reacting to different temperatures could be tricky.The last one the canopy on the plants would be very very interesting and can be made in different ways yet again it has to open when weather rises and cover the plants when cold. Would love to hear your opinions and which project you are doing and why also ideas would help alot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mrairsofter

im gona pick the window display as it is verry vage meaning it would probily be the easyest what one are you doing my teacher says stay away from the plant one. mine is just gona go up and down with limit switches (cause i have that curcut made :) ). ill make it out of plastic so i dont have to paint it ect...

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭TheSunderz

Probably the fan have designs made, im making it with plastic and its gona have the comple design of an actuall windmill itself the only problem is getting fans that look like windmill blades.Our teacher said we can only do pick 1 of 3 not 1 of 6 so we picked either B,C,f.He picked b and f because the circuit is the same and its not as difficult as some others.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

As usual, please do not discuss SEC exam work in detail and under no circumstances post any photos or sketches.

Advertisement