Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help please???

• 25-10-2012 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just looking for some advice really.
    I have two interviews for advisory in the coming week.
    Ironic :rolleyes:

I'm coming from a business background so dont really know how things work.

Will I have to sit all the accounts exams? CAP1, CAP2 etc?
    How does this work with training? Will I have to attend classes at night?

Any advice welcome please :) Im stressed out!!

:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

have you got a college education or what is your back ground. The majority of exemptions are based on college exams etc.

I would suggest getting on ot he careers advice service of your college if you attended one.

who are the interviews with and for what role, i.e. is it for a trainee accountant?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Flunch

Yep have a degree in business management. No exemptions as far as I know :(

The role is trainee advisory.
    One is for Ernst & Young the other is Grant Thornton

Just wondered did anyone know how this would play out. Not sure I wanna spend another 3 years studying :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Morte

It would be expected that you do the exams. It's not actually essential for the job like it would be for the audit or tax departments but clients would expect to get an accountant from an accountancy firm. Besides which it is a good qualification to have.

EY Cork were happy to let their trainees to do whichever set of exams they wanted rather than chartered. This may make the lectures more flexible. This may have changed since. I'd imagine it's at the whim of whichever partner you're under so somebody else might want you to do chartered rather than letting you choose.

Advertisement