Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing a Full time course while on Jobseekers B

Options
  • 25-10-2012 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello one and all

I started a full time culinary course recently with the intention of going for the grant which is in its final stages and will be pay d end of next month , trouble is I,m currently on Jobseekers benefit and am even thinking of staying on that full time or until my grant comes in , truth be told I,m really nervous about all this and wether or not I can make this work , I applied for BTEA but was declined due to having a degree previous , thought about plan B which was the grant, but cannot afford to sign off , then plan C stay on current path and keep low, really unsure and nervous here and under pressure from collage as I never attended until this week , so much cash has being put into this so far, feel like I cant back out

Scared :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

No one can tell you what to do however be aware that jsb is only given to those who are actively seeking full time employment and your full time course hinders this...when do you find out if you will receive a grant

Also what your doing is defrauding the system so don't expect many nice replies

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jfire2012

Thats why I,m posting I feel awful about it , but stuck here , should know about the grant at the end of next month which is way too late gotta move with collage now only started this week and its week 8 !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Jfire2012 wrote: »
    Thats why I,m posting I feel awful about it , but stuck here , should know about the grant at the end of next month which is way too late gotta move with collage now only started this week and its week 8 !!!!!

Since the day you started you college course you have been defrauding social welfare.From what you say you knew from the outset that you would not qualify for BTEA therefore any payment you have received since you started this current course is received fraudulently by you and will have to be paid back in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jfire2012

eastbono wrote: »
    Since the day you started you college course you have been defrauding social welfare.From what you say you knew from the outset that you would not qualify for BTEA therefore any payment you have received since you started this current course is received fraudulently by you and will have to be paid back in full.

Thats what I thought , thinking of dropping the collage thing now which is not nice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Hello one and all

I started a full time culinary course recently with the intention of going for the grant which is in its final stages and will be pay d end of next month , trouble is I,m currently on Jobseekers benefit and am even thinking of staying on that full time or until my grant comes in , truth be told I,m really nervous about all this and wether or not I can make this work , I applied for BTEA but was declined due to having a degree previous , thought about plan B which was the grant, but cannot afford to sign off , then plan C stay on current path and keep low, really unsure and nervous here and under pressure from collage as I never attended until this week , so much cash has being put into this so far, feel like I cant back out

Scared :eek:

Did you not have to give your PPS number when applying for the course and grant? Colleges are obliged to provide lists of enrolled students which Social Welfare cross reference against those people claiming. It could backfire badly if your caught. However you can do part-time courses and keep your benefits under the Part-time Education option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Thats what I thought , thinking of dropping the collage thing now which is not nice

Also sw will be informed that you were registered on a full time course so you will be assessed for an overpayment for the time that you were registered at college.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

As we appear to be discussing fraud I am closing the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement