Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking a particular chip

Options
  • 25-10-2012 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Random kinda question but are the only chips in the i3 5 and 7 ranges that can be over clocked the k or x versions? Or is there alternative approaches than just putting up the multiplier?

I ask as I plan on upgrading my mobo and processor shortly so I'll have enough spares for a "test" rig sorta thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Patrick 1 wrote: »
    Random kinda question but are the only chips in the i3 5 and 7 ranges that can be over clocked the k or x versions? Or is there alternative approaches than just putting up the multiplier?

I ask as I plan on upgrading my mobo and processor shortly so I'll have enough spares for a "test" rig sorta thing.
    The k and x parts make overclocking simple. There is a small overclocking window with the regular parts but if you want a sizable overclock you'll need k or x part.

Advertisement