Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help - Strikeoff at cro?

• 25-10-2012 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

2 years ago I started 1x Ireland Ltd company, I planned on living in Ireland so had 1x limited company setup.

I am not living in Ireland and never have, I need to close this Ireland company I have. The company has never made trade, because I never made it to Ireland to live and work.

I do not know how to do it. I can see that there are ways for voluntary strikeoff, but that cost money and I have no more money to pay. I paid a online agency to set the company up for me, I paid them again last year but this year I can not pay again. The records are totally up to date but another set of accounts is due at 3 weeks time, I can not pay anyone to do these because I have no money left. Agency will not advise me because I can not pay.

Company has never traded, no-one is owed money, so that is all straightforward and OK I think. No vat registration.

My questions.

i. I see that it is possible to be automatic involuntary strike off by CRO, but do I just let this happen and it is all OK? What will happen to me? Next accounts due in 3 weeks so have to decide

ii. Company also have tax registration at revenue, but never paid any tax because never made it to Ireland. Do I need to cancel tax registration?

iii. Anything else I need to think of?

Sorry for long email, lots to think about. I read lots of forum for answers but nothing is clear for me.

Please help me with advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

Rhenk wrote: »
    Hi,

2 years ago I started 1x Ireland Ltd company, I planned on living in Ireland so had 1x limited company setup.

I am not living in Ireland and never have, I need to close this Ireland company I have. The company has never made trade, because I never made it to Ireland to live and work.

I do not know how to do it. I can see that there are ways for voluntary strikeoff, but that cost money and I have no more money to pay. I paid a online agency to set the company up for me, I paid them again last year but this year I can not pay again. The records are totally up to date but another set of accounts is due at 3 weeks time, I can not pay anyone to do these because I have no money left. Agency will not advise me because I can not pay.

Company has never traded, no-one is owed money, so that is all straightforward and OK I think. No vat registration.

My questions.

i. I see that it is possible to be automatic involuntary strike off by CRO, but do I just let this happen and it is all OK? What will happen to me? Next accounts due in 3 weeks so have to decide

ii. Company also have tax registration at revenue, but never paid any tax because never made it to Ireland. Do I need to cancel tax registration?

iii. Anything else I need to think of?

Sorry for long email, lots to think about. I read lots of forum for answers but nothing is clear for me.

Please help me with advice.

You need to get a letter of no objection from revenue first. You then have to place add in national newspaper. Www.mystrikeoff.ie is probably the best price. Then you send the letter from revenue and add from newspaper together with completed form (can't think of name but its from cro) to the cro and this will complete the voluntary strike off. Pm me for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rhenk

I know about voluntary strike off options, i said those in my 1st post - I don´t have money for those things, including advert.

My questions are about involuntary strike off and cancelling tax reg at revenue. i, ii and iii.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

I had this discussion with a client recently.

In relation to involuntary strike-off (which is what you are expecting to happen) I said to him:

"The ODCE regularly seeks restriction and disqualification orders against directors of companies struck off the register for failure to file returns and other breaches of company law. There are reports here: http://www.odce.ie/en/court_investigations.aspx It is open to the ODCE to seek to prosecute as well."

This is what I have read elsewhere too. I am no worried about being banned from director of company but prosecution is worry for me. You really think they may prosecute me even thou I no live in Ireland?

Do you know if same will happen with revenue registration?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

If you want legal advice, go and talk to a lawyer.

If you tell Revenue that a company hasn't traded and ask for the registration to be cancelled they will probably oblige you.

• Advertisement

cant afford to talk to a lawyer. sad but true. certainly a forum isnt best place to get answers, but what else can i do.

tnx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭capefear

Hi

if you pay for any cost involved as in the ad and cro fees I'll help you close the business.

Advertisement