Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy SII - Software "Upgrade"

• 25-10-2012 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

My phone (on Metoer) installed a software upgrade on Tuesday morning and is now on 4.0.4. Since the upgrade my phone has been shutting down or hanging on average once an hour. I am never using the phone when this happens - it's just sitting on the desk....The only way to get it to respond appears to be to remove the battery for a few seconds and then to turn it back on. It's getting just a tad frustrating at this stage....

I'm not sure how to debug this. Is it possible an app that is causing the problem and if so how do i figure out which one? Or should I just return it to Meteor to see if they can resolve it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

fitzie79 wrote: »
    My phone (on Metoer) installed a software upgrade on Tuesday morning and is now on 4.0.4. Since the upgrade my phone has been shutting down or hanging on average once an hour. I am never using the phone when this happens - it's just sitting on the desk....The only way to get it to respond appears to be to remove the battery for a few seconds and then to turn it back on. It's getting just a tad frustrating at this stage....

I'm not sure how to debug this. Is it possible an app that is causing the problem and if so how do i figure out which one? Or should I just return it to Meteor to see if they can resolve it?

Likely an app, 4.0.4 runs fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭fitzie79

any idea on how to identify the rogue app or does it involve unistalling apps one at a time?

Advertisement