Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early Bird/Set Dinner Reccomendations

Options
  • 25-10-2012 9:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41

Has anyone enjoyed a particular good dinner in Dublin lately?

Looking to try some new places.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Jarrod

I was in Roly's in Ballsbridge over the summer. Set menu was €21 for 3 courses. Very tasty and pretty generous on the portions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I think Chapter one do a good value pre-theatre menu. Their food is delish

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Some Help Please

Have enjoed Roly's a few times alright.

Have never been to Chapter 1.

Thank you for the post's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Pre-theatre menu on MV Cill Airne towards the Point is €20 for 2 courses and €25 for 3. Great value and amazing food!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Some Help Please

Thanks for that. Must try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

If you're into Italian, Russo's on Dame St is fab. Their early bird is 2 courses for €20 and you can choose anything off the a la carte!

There's also Thai Spice on Talbot Place, they do 2 course meal for 2 people with bottle of wine for €39 all day every day!

If you're into Italian, Russo's on Dame St is fab. Their early bird is 2 courses for €20 and you can choose anything off the a la carte!

I'm interested to try this place, but I was walking past there at 9 the other night and there was literally nobody except staff in there

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

Pig's Ear, Nassau Street. Quality food, service and atmosphere.

Brasserie Le Pont, Fitwilliam Place have an all night early bird offer for Tuesday and Wednesday nights during October.

Brasserie Sixty6, George's Street, 3 courses for €33. Again, quality food, service and atmosphere.

MarkMc wrote: »
    I'm interested to try this place, but I was walking past there at 9 the other night and there was literally nobody except staff in there

Really? Whenever I was there, it used to be pretty packed. Haven't been in about 3 months, but love it!

Really? Whenever I was there, it used to be pretty packed. Haven't been in about 3 months, but love it!

Yep, about four staff and zero customers, weird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Pretty sure that Pichet still do 3 for €25, and quality food and service whenever ive been.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

MarkMc wrote: »
    Yep, about four staff and zero customers, weird

went in about a month ago.... food was nice, service was poor! Didn't seem to like me drinking water! even though we were drinking wine too. anyways tried and not a place i am eager to go back to

I remember the very first time I went there, service was diabolical...had to ask a few times for water etc, and manager was also rude enough (if it was him)

Because the food was so nice I decided to give it another chance, and glad I did (haven't seen the manager guy since, so maybe he was copped on to :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

I am actually looking for somewhere to eat as a family in the Ballbridge area that isn't too expensive. Kids aren't fussy eaters,they would eat anything, but economically I was thinking of a Pizza place or something that does a 2x1?Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The Farm on Dawson St do a good one, IIRC it's €19.99 for 2 course or €25 for 3 course. The menu is close to the a la carte but missing one or two things. And the food is fantastic.

Was walking down Dame St last night and noticed that Russo's was in darkness. Anyone know why? Tell me it's not closed down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Was walking down Dame St last night and noticed that Russo's was in darkness. Anyone know why? Tell me it's not closed down :(

Sorry to say it is,I know a waitress there and they just weren't doing the covers they needed which I found strange.

Noooo! Thanks for the clarification :(

I really liked that place, so sad to see it gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Was in The Farm on Dawson st the other night, awesome stuff, early bird 3 courses for 25, nice staff, there's a bell on the table that you can ring if you need anything :-o Good atmosphere, not too quiet/too loud.

• Advertisement
Advertisement