Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Scopes

Options
  • 25-10-2012 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a cheap scope for a .22 and looking for advice and opinions. It will be used for a bit of everything, hunting and target shooting.

In the Sporting category of BR there is a max limit of 12x and don't need anything higher than that.

So far I have looked at:
    Leapers 3-12x44
    Hawke Sport HD 4-12x50
    Simmons 4-12x50

If you have any experience with any of these it would be great to get a review or if you suggest something else let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

dev110 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a cheap scope for a .22 and looking for advice and opinions. It will be used for a bit of everything, hunting and target shooting.

In the Sporting category of BR there is a max limit of 12x and don't need anything higher than that.

So far I have looked at:
    Leapers 3-12x44
    Hawke Sport HD 4-12x50
    Simmons 4-12x50

If you have any experience with any of these it would be great to get a review or if you suggest something else let me know.

Bought a hawke sport hd ir 4-12x50 for my 1st 22.Still have it as a spare.It has also lived on my hmr for a while.Great rugged scope.Supprising clear for the money.Should do the 22 a treat.Scope will really take alot of abuse without looking zero or any other issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

I too have a Hawke scope sport HD 4-12 x 50.. IR.. Have it on my .17, grand scope for the money. Good and clear but not very clear on 10+ zoom which is expected for the value of the scope.
    Anybody that has looked through it says it good and clear and good value for money.
    Holds zero very well too, I'd be a rough rifle handler at times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ruger1894c

Best all rounder i found for hunting/sporting benchrest was the redfield 3-9x50..great clear scope and if you can get the accu range reticle it is brilliant...european sporter is max 6 power and only uk sporter is max 12 power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

Ive had a Hawke Nite Eye - not bad for the money.

Hawke Endurance 30/30 3-12-50, surprisingly clear scope but its close to €400 in their range. Nice hunting scope and reasonably clear. I should have given you a look through it when I took it off that day.

Ive got a Hawke Sidewinder 30 6-24x56 and its pretty nice on the air rifle.

With all Hawkes, the upper end of the magnification is dark so keep this in mind when choosing.

I quite like the look of this one LINK

The half mildot reticle is very nice to look through and very usable for hunting.

Advertisement