Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Ostrich Swords

Options
  • 25-10-2012 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I have heard a lot of rumours that there is a wild ostrich in Swords at Barrysparks, the large field area between the Pavillions, Airside and Holywell. I have heard of a few sightings of the ostrich from upstairs on the 41 bus when going between the Pinnockhill and Malahide Road roundabouts. Does anybody know anything about this?

There are also a few geese around there as well, but I have heard of people seeing both the ostrich and the geese together, so I dont think that people are just confusing the geese for an ostrich.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I think it's an emu, there's a field with one, some geese and maybe a donkey too near the travelodge. Theres some lean to shelters as well,they look well cared for so someone owns them.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

Definitely. I work in airside and have seen it a good few times. There is also pigs, horses, donkeys and other animals at different times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

I know this has nothing to do with the OP but i'll share anyways, Did anyone ever try wild ostrich steak? It's fantastic..Had it on a trip to Amsterdam a while ago. Was surprised at how nice it tasted.

Advertisement