Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Air gunners - Theoben are in receivership.

Options
  • 25-10-2012 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Just read on another forum, yes I have nothing better to do :)

Theoben are gone into receivership.

Sign of the times with one of the air gun giants going under.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

will they be taken over ...they made some great guns and i think pioneered the gas ram piston technology

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

anthonyos wrote: »
    will they be taken over ...they made some great guns and i think pioneered the gas ram piston technology

Hard to know. People with guns in for repair are panicking in UK.

I love their guns myself and hope they are taken over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Thats sad to see and the failure of the company isn't because of lack of development of the rifles. Its odds on the machinery , designs etc will turn up in china and the rifles will reappear with a different name on them.

rowa wrote: »
    Thats sad to see and the failure of the company isn't because of lack of development of the rifles. Its odds on the machinery , designs etc will turn up in china and the rifles will reappear with a different name on them.

you could well be right Rowa. They are brilliant with what they do but I think the lack of powder burning 'side line' might have left them exposed considering they are high end.

Lads are buying up rapid 7's in UK as collectibles which is interesting and doesnt bode well for revival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Tikkat3 wrote: »
    I think the lack of powder burning 'side line' might have left them exposed considering they are high end.

I doubt it as airgunning is very popular in the uk, other big british manufacturers such as bsa and webley and scott ditched firearms manufacture years ago to concentrate on airguns. If theoben couldn't make money with air rifles in the uk they won't make it anywhere else.

• Advertisement

rowa wrote: »
    I doubt it as airgunning is very popular in the uk, other big british manufacturers such as bsa and webley and scott ditched firearms manufacture years ago to concentrate on airguns. If theoben couldn't make money with air rifles in the uk they won't make it anywhere else.

good point, I am new to air rifles and love them but I see what you are saying. Sad to see them going under though. I will have to try Daystate now :) Although I am happy with mine in current stock and config.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

:( Sorry to read this.

They made some nice rifles - there are actually two Theoben powered HW90's on our road between my auld boy and a neighbour. Awesome little rifle for those who can appreciate a good quality break barrell.

..thing is I'd say that's the problem right there - lack of differentiation between cheap break barrell rifles, and ones that are actually worth owning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Good products but hopeless after sales and very pricey. They are very popular in the US as they lend themselves to modifications.Their last version of the Rapid, the one with the scalloped side , was sold with the magazine as extra Still sad to see another UK company go to the wall.

Advertisement