Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford United V Longford 2nd Leg 26th Oct

Options
  • 25-10-2012 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

580984_545423575484037_875729177_n.jpg

Get out to the RSC and support The Blues tomorrow night in their quest for Premier football. Should be a great atmosphere if we get a good crowd.

Mon the Blues.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Looking forward to it boy c'mon de blues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭SPQRI

Where were ye all season? What a f**king nerve turning up tonight!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Soccer hipsters haha

I went out with some mates and I was amazed that the attitude from SPQRI above, which I have no problem with, was almost non existent. Die hard fans were just glad to see more blues fans at the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭kksaints

Good luck against Dundalk. Need a trip that wont take 2 hours on the bus.

Soccer hipsters haha

I went out with some mates and I was amazed that the attitude from SPQRI above, which I have no problem with, was almost non existent. Die hard fans were just glad to see more blues fans at the game.

They were probably the same fans who came to shout on Liverpool when Waterford last played them.
    They couldn't or wouldn't bring themselves to cheer for the blues when we scored & won the game!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

SPQRI wrote: »
    They were probably the same fans who came to shout on Liverpool when Waterford last played them.
    They couldn't or wouldn't bring themselves to cheer for the blues when we scored & won the game!

Whenever a football club like Waterford United gets more people coming down you should be happy, considering the money is not exactly flowing for the club. Maybe some people who came down last night might attend more games next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

deisedave wrote: »

Whenever a football club like Waterford United gets more people coming down you should be happy, considering the money is not exactly flowing for the club. Maybe some people who came down last night might attend more games next year.
    Spqri would probably want attendance to be the same if we make it to premier too:::::: the superfan! !!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!!

jo06555 wrote: »
    Spqri would probably want attendance to be the same if we make it to premier too:::::: the superfan! !!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!!

In reality we would love to see an increase in attendances at the RSC regardless of which division we eventually play in. Waterford United played some wonderful football this season & were a joy to watch & support but additional support only came for the playoff when Waterford were already
    two up.

It will be interesting to see how Waterford do against Dundalk & depending upon the result, the level of support for the secong leg. This is a team that will do well in the Premier League next year if the club can manage to retain their services for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Where were ye all season? What a f**king nerve turning up tonight!!!
    Everybody was out volunteering !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get that f--kin chip of your shoulder boy, most of the ones cheering for liverpool were the 10 year olds that didn't know any better.

I've been to nearly every home match at the RSC this year and for the most part the standard of football was pretty awful, I can't particularly blame casual fans for not going to watch them, there's been a few evenings that I've been tempted to give it a miss.

• Advertisement

Get that f--kin chip of your shoulder boy, most of the ones cheering for liverpool were the 10 year olds that didn't know any better.

I've been to nearly every home match at the RSC this year and for the most part the standard of football was pretty awful, I can't particularly blame casual fans for not going to watch them, there's been a few evenings that I've been tempted to give it a miss.

You obviously then were not at the game!

Maybe the mistake you're making is comparing Premiership football
    to the Irish League. There is no comparison & if this is what you want to see coming to the RSC, you are better off in front of your T.V.

Waterford played well this year particulary against Limerick & Longford coming back on both occasions when they were 0:1 down.

As for the game v Liverpool I was in the stands & there were plenty of adult Liverpool supporters who remained seated & silent when Waterford scored. This is an Irish soccer club & if you can't support your own, even if it is against a club you follow abroad, you've got identity issues.

You obviously then were not at the game!

Maybe the mistake you're making is comparing Premiership football
    to the Irish League. There is no comparison & if this is what you want to see coming to the RSC, you are better off in front of your T.V.

Waterford played well this year particulary against Limerick & Longford coming back on both occasions when they were 0:1 down.

Waterford have been **** this year, just a little less **** than the other teams in the division, I don't expect high class football but this team aren't a patch on the one they had a few years ago managed by Jimmy McGeough, now that was an entertaining team.

This year they've had a good late run where they have played better but if you took Seanie Maguire out of that team they'd be back to the usual tactic of Packie hoofing the ball upfield for someone to get onto the breaking ball.
    As for the game v Liverpool I was in the stands & there were plenty of adult Liverpool supporters who remained seated & silent when Waterford scored. This is an Irish soccer club & if you can't support your own, even if it is against a club you follow abroad, you've got identity issues.

The people watching the Liverpool match could have been from all over the south east not just for waterford. In any case who the hell are you to say who they can support, if they pay their money they can support whoever the hell they want. Prickish attitudes like yours certainly won't encourage more people to go out to blues games.

Waterford have been **** this year, just a little less **** than the other teams in the division, I don't expect high class football but this team aren't a patch on the one they had a few years ago managed by Jimmy McGeough, now that was an entertaining team.

This year they've had a good late run where they have played better but if you took Seanie Maguire out of that team they'd be back to the usual tactic of Packie hoofing the ball upfield for someone to get onto the breaking ball.

The people watching the Liverpool match could have been from all over the south east not just for waterford. In any case who the hell are you to say who they can support, if they pay their money they can support whoever the hell they want. Prickish attitudes like yours certainly won't encourage more people to go out to blues games.

You are obviously back from watching Everton v Liverpool & Chelsea v United. Two very disappointing results for you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

You are obviously back from watching Everton v Liverpool & Chelsea v United. Two very disappointing results for you!!!
    Here, have some toys. You can throw them out of your pram.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Stefan Jones,
    very funny there on your previous post (volunteering), you deserve some credit there and i dont think you got it so kudos buddy.

Get down there Friday night lads, ALL welcome, cmon blues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

sorry to be weighing in with a dumb question here (I'm an Aussie who doesn't follow soccer in any form) but the rte web site talks of a Waterford v Dundalk playoff tonight. Is this happening at the RSC tonight? What's the game on Fri night?

Just thinking of something different to do. Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

old gregg wrote: »
    sorry to be weighing in with a dumb question here (I'm an Aussie who doesn't follow soccer in any form) but the rte web site talks of a Waterford v Dundalk playoff tonight. Is this happening at the RSC tonight? What's the game on Fri night?

Just thinking of something different to do. Thanks folks.

first leg in dundalk tonight I think, return leg in RSC friday

Advertisement