Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap petrol/diesel

Options
  • 25-10-2012 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

I see a new filling station has opened up in Claregalway. Well, it's not new but the old one in the village centre has changed to a card system and it is much cheaper than the competition. It is 154.9 for diesel this evening and 161.9 for petrol. Way cheaper than in the city or in Tuam and two cent cheaper than the self service place on the Galway Road in Tuam. It's worth shopping around at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

159.9 for petrol in Ballindine tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Buck Fizz

dec25532 wrote: »
    I see a new filling station has opened up in Claregalway. Well, it's not new but the old one in the village centre has changed to a card system and it is much cheaper than the competition. It is 154.9 for diesel this evening and 161.9 for petrol. Way cheaper than in the city or in Tuam and two cent cheaper than the self service place on the Galway Road in Tuam. It's worth shopping around at this stage.

159.9 cent there yesterday compared to 164.9 in most other places I passed around Galway city..

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

It's now gone down to 1.58.9 as of yesterday evening. It would be an idea to post the cheapest petrol and diesel prices around the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Diesel 150.9 at filling station on headford rd tonight. My thoughts are is it ok ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

claregalway place is 1.58

• Advertisement

In Tuam we are paying 1.63.9
    It's a disgrace! Only one word comes to mind........
    Cartels????

• Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

gammygils wrote: »
    In Tuam we are paying 1.63.9
    It's a disgrace! Only one word comes to mind........
    Cartels????

They only charge what people will pay though.

Mugs always pay over the price

It's 1.51/1.52 carlow for a litre. People in the West getting screwed

rarnes1 wrote: »
    They only charge what people will pay though.

Mugs always pay over the price

It's 1.51/1.52 carlow for a litre. People in the West getting screwed
    Big Time! I reckon 'Price Fixing' is rife around here!

Where are the Authorities! Where are Consumer Laws?

Where is The Relevant Consumer Authority?

They don't want to know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Buck Fizz

I drive between Galway city and Sligo about 20 times a year, I've been doing it for over 5 years, and the petrol is ALWAYS around 4 or 5 cent cheaper in Mayo! Cartel in Galway? YES......

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Agree. Towns are just ganging up on motorists by fixing a price. It was 1.49.9 in Dublin for diesel last weekend. 1.51 on the motorway and it is still 1.56.9 in Galway. Madness.

• Advertisement

Petrol 160.9 in Tuam today.

155.9 in Ballindine & Claremorris.

156.9 in Castlebar

162.9 in Ballinasloe

159.9 in Aughrim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

In Mayo its Tesco competition. It would be interesting to see what Tesco prices are on east coast vs west ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Diesel 153.9 in Portumna last Monday.

Advertisement