Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble getting 2 year old to bed

Options
  • 25-10-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,

My two and a half year old has recenting started going mental when I put her to bed. Normally when I put her to bed she would cry a bit and I would have to go into her maybe twice to give her a soother. The past week she has been really bad when I put her in the cot. She screams, bangs the cot and at one stage made her self sick. A couple of nights I lay her on my bed to get her asleep as she was so distressed. Once she was asleep I lifted her into her cot but she has been waking at two or three in the morning and I have to put her in our bed. I would appreciate any advise on this or to know if anyone else has gone through this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Unfortunately I have no advise to offer as I am going through the same myself just wanted to offer support and to let you know your not alone with this issue...

Peace and love op

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

our little girl is nearly two and recently its been more difficult to get her asleep. Ive noticed that certain days when she gets more acrivity its easier and also the earlier she has her nap helps too. Have you a routine of bath, book, bed, bye bye going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Bashful

Thanks Edellc.

My routine is we play for a little while then we go upstairs to brush her teeth and wash her hands and face.
    As soon as I mention going up to brush her teeth she says but mam I don't want to go to bed.
    I am thinking of trying her in a toddler bed to see if that will help as she seems to sleep in our bed no problem. Not sure if it will work but I will try anything at the moment:)

Advertisement