Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Bryan Singer)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

Looks like a £ shop wig and someone spray painted and old leader jacket silver badly.

The shoelaces are a great touch - Hip-Silver?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Mystique also gets in the action, though it's not Jennifer Lawrence :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭crybaby

What the.......before I clicked play on the Quicksilver video above I thought it was someone dressed up just taking the piss how could they think that looks good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

^^^ Saw that too. J-Law must have been busy that day!:)

Wasn't 100% that Quicksilver was Evan Peters but really looks like him...

It is him !!! http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/evan-peters-poses-carl-jr-x-men-campaign-ad-article-1.1748080

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Wow that ad campaign is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

sometimes im glad we miss some of the stuff that runs in the states.

seems to be parr the course though there . IIRC when transformers came out there was aload of burger king ads featuring them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Wow that ad campaign is shocking.

Fox know no lows my friend. I don't even know how well First Class did in the box office but if it was in anyway decent, it was IN SPITE of the marketing from Fox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

sometimes im glad we miss some of the stuff that runs in the states.

seems to be parr the course though there . IIRC when transformers came out there was aload of burger king ads featuring them too.

If we did though, would it stop us seeing the films?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I think so, those ads are actually turning me off the film (could be around seeing how stupid quicksilver looks)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

Sneak peak of the start of the movie.

Thar be spoilers ahead..Yarrr!

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/x-men-days-of-future-past-opening-sneak-peek-revealed-1563042306

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

its mad for years all the x men movies have been released in may.

Well I think all judgement the other studio is giving quicksilver is unfounded.

Cause they are the ones who are using quicksilver out of context saying that he was created and not magnetos son.

I mean the ad of him eating a burger was bloody terrible.

but in fairness this lad is a good actor and am willing to give him a chance.

If anything his outfit is bad but its the 60 ?

and if this lad has just disocvered the Pink Floyd

His mind is blow totally why you ask because mine was when I first started listening to Pink Floyd.

and as for norrie rugger at least quicksilver is not turning you on.

so that is a good thing.

I think so, those ads are actually turning me off the film (could be around seeing how stupid quicksilver looks)

its mad for years all the x men movies have been released in may.

Not really, it's scheduled for the summer blockbuster market.

No what I mean is ever since X Men 1 every x men movie has been released in may.

its always May.

Its mad they are still keeping with that.

Well from what I found out when visiting Hollywood they are very superstitious with release dates and locations and sets
    Not really, it's scheduled for the summer blockbuster market.

No what I mean is ever since X Men 1 every x men movie has been released in may.

its always May.

Its mad they are still keeping with that.

Well from what I found out when visiting Hollywood they are very superstitious with release dates and locations and sets

I don't think it's mad. It's a conscious decision by the film company to maximise the films audience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Final trailer out. To be honest, I have been feeling 50/50 about this for a while and that it might be too big a story/cast for even Singer but this looks EPIC!

Nothing too spoilery in it. The setup and basics of the plot are explained, with a couple of money shots but nothing like the Spiderman man spoiler trailers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

So there is a clip of this movie after the credits of Amazing Spider-Man 2?!

Nothing to get excited about though, the studios made a deal so that the only way Mark Webb could direct TAS2 was if they plugged Days of Future Past (Webb was under contract to do another movie for Fox around this time)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

For sure they will make sure Jennifer Lawerance will have a bigger part seen as she's the biggest movie star right now who also has a Oscar to boot. I'm hoping Michael Fassbender isn't lost in the shuffle, he was the best thing in the last X men film. It seems this is all about Wolverine and Professor x (james Mcavoy), Mcavoy has been churning out some of his best acting in the last year or so. The Trailers look great, fingers cross this is epic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Tried to not watch the trailer before Spider-Man last night as it veered way into spoilery territory so looked away, it sounded good though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

the wolverine film: also featuring other x-men

Sure its always been that way in Hollywood.

It all coming out would ruin it.

Not the first time allegations have been made against him. If I recall there was talk of inappropriate conduct during the shooting of Apt Pupil and this story is part of a documentary that Amy Berg is currently shooting. Supposedly this allegation is one that was made before and ignored by the police.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Niska

Further build up, 25 historical moments leading to the presents future, before the past becomes the present's past and the present the future's past...

Or something.

http://www.25moments.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Wow that is actually pretty cool but I'm surely not the only one who thinks they could have made more movies with that materiel they used there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Niska wrote: »
    Further build up, 25 historical moments leading to the presents future, before the past becomes the present's past and the present the future's past...

Or something.

http://www.25moments.com/

Pretty interesting stuff with a couple of spoilers, the superimposing of characters into historical moments is a bit naff though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Some woeful photoshopping in that link, especially Dinklage and Nixon together.

don't you just love it people read what you say and completely jump back into fantasy and forget everything that you have just said as if it never even happened.

Interesting but I will look up the Amy Berg Doc
    Not the first time allegations have been made against him. If I recall there was talk of inappropriate conduct during the shooting of Apt Pupil and this story is part of a documentary that Amy Berg is currently shooting. Supposedly this allegation is one that was made before and ignored by the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Gyladene

Looks like he's propelled by explosive farts. taken from a poster on another website. Now, it's all I see.

I can't look at the poster now without lapsing into a fit of serious laughter. Just the look on Sir Pat's face...

I'm really looking forward to this movie, just because I like the chemistry between Fassbender and McAvoy. Here's hoping the film delivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Just from the trailer, will spoiler it just in case people are avoiding watching the trailers.

How is
    Charles walking in the past? I assumed this was going back to after First Class, and he was paralysed at the end I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Just from the trailer, will spoiler it just in case people are avoiding watching the trailers.

How is
    Charles walking in the past? I assumed this was going back to after First Class, and he was paralysed at the end I thought.
    in an interview (cannot remember if it was Singer or one of the writers) they said how alot of this movie is about McAvoy becoming the professor X we all know and love, and his "acceptance of the chair"

just thought i'd throw this in here.

i went to see trancendence yesterday and the ad for xmen running before it is a little different than the final one that came out.

some stuff is missing, and stuff not in it is added but nothing really worth listing. i presume itll be up on youtube at some stage as a final uk trailer or something so keep an eye out.

personally i thought it flowed a bit better than the previous trailer.

Saw the Amazing Spiderman 2 last night and the scene from the upcoming X-Men film was one of the worst minutes of film that I have ever seen. It looked like it was shot on the quick sometime back in the 90s and if it's representative of the final product then I'd almost not bother going to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Saw the Amazing Spiderman 2 last night and the scene from the upcoming X-Men film was one of the worst minutes of film that I have ever seen. It looked like it was shot on the quick sometime back in the 90s and if it's representative of the final product then I'd almost not bother going to see it.

So it wasn't just me... Everything about it looked incredibly cheap....

Is it possible that was some unpolished(unfinished) material?

well after spiderman 2 there was this x men teaser which out of all the teases at the end of all marvel movies now that was the worth...it was a blatant trailer for x men
    krudler wrote: »
    Tried to not watch the trailer before Spider-Man last night as it veered way into spoilery territory so looked away, it sounded good though :pac:

Not half as bad as forest gump
    Duggy747 wrote: »
    Some woeful photoshopping in that link, especially Dinklage and Nixon together.

It looked just like....wolverine origins days with the rag tag group of mutants....fighting against the man.

Mystique didnt do it for me..

but seeing havok its one character that never has been in the films or cartoon.
    So it wasn't just me... Everything about it looked incredibly cheap....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Havok was in the last one 1st class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Wouldn't be surprised if it was thrown together to cash in on Lawrence recent surge in popularity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

well after spiderman 2 there was this x men teaser which out of all the teases at the end of all marvel movies now that was the worth...it was a blatant trailer for x men

Spiderman isn't a "Marvel" movie though, so to speak, it's Sony!

I imagine that it was either thrown together quickly or was footage not graded yet. It's obvious that the scene was drastically edited down to what we saw but still it looks so poor that it may actually do more damage than good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

What was the scene?

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    What was the scene?

It was a scene set in an
    American camp in Vietnam and had Mystique recruiting a team of mutants.

I wonder what's going to happen with X-Men: Apocalypse considering that another allegation has been brought against Singer for sexual assault. Can't see him fighting the various law suits and doing the preproduction on a $300 million blockbuster.

jays but theres a bucket load of tv spots out there now for this. i DO like how the sentinels are looking in action though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭BearBanjer

Yeah that Spiderman 2 bit was pretty rubbish. It reminded me from the first second of Singer's previous X-Men movies, which I'm really not a fan of.

Was disappointed when I heard he was involved.

Remain hopeful.

That Quicksilver video is horrific! Age of Ultron version looks better, but context...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Really really looking forward to this, moreso because they actually have all/most of the original characters in, the last one was great but it didnt really feel like the actual X-Men to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Really really looking forward to this, moreso because they actually have all/most of the original characters in, the last one was great but it didnt really feel like the actual X-Men to me!

The exclusion of Cyclops is one of the things that most annoys me about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

The exclusion of Cyclops is one of the things that most annoys me about this.

Aww I know, but they have wolverine again, and for most of the movie :D:D:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Aww I know, but they have wolverine again, and for most of the movie :D:D:)

The lack of Wolverine actually helped the last film in my view, as the he featured too heavily in the others and along with his own features there is a bit of Wolverine fatigue now.
    I was hoping for a decent take on Gambit.

Advertisement