Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

using email on a server

Options
  • 25-10-2012 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi i recently pruchased a second hand server so i could set it up in my buisness i got a guy in to set it up and he did a fine job so far we tried to setup the email so we all can look at the one email profile but cant do it becouse we dont have microsoft exchange and cant afford would any one know a work around

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

IMAP - it's one of the reasons I use it:
    Multiple clients simultaneously connected to the same mailbox
    The POP protocol requires the currently connected client to be the only client connected to the mailbox. In contrast, the IMAP protocol specifically allows simultaneous access by multiple clients and provides mechanisms for clients to detect changes made to the mailbox by other, concurrently connected, clients.
    I use Courier IMAP and Fetchmail on Linux.

Depending on your needs, an Issue Tracking System might be useful too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I can assume you are using a microsoft system.

You can try a free software like http://www.hmailserver.com/

Advertisement