Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to 'borrow' a flatbed truck/small crane combo.

Options
  • 25-10-2012 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Mods - I have posted a similar request in the 'Transport' forum. If this is against the rules, please delete.

I am moving house soon, and I have a small shed in the yard that I want to bring with me. At a push, I could probably dismantle it and reassemble it at its new location, but for various reasons I won't go into here, I'd rather not.

What I really need, I reckon, is one of those flatbed trucks that has a wee built-in crane. Like the type that are used for transporting concrete blocks, although I've seen smaller ones on the roads that would suit perfectly. The shed isn't very big; only 8 ft x 6 ft.

If anybody here owns or drives (or know someone who owns or drives) such a truck, would you like to earn a few bob on one of the next couple of weekends?

I'm willing to pay for diesel and hopefully can agree a fair and reasonable rate with the driver for their time.

The shed is currently on the outskirts of Cork, and will be taken to near Ennis.

Please send me a PM if you can help.
    Or reply in-thread if you have any suggestions.

Thanks.

Edit: forgot to mention that the yard is enclosed by a fence, so I can't just lift it with a forklift.

Advertisement