Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipad Mini Order from Apple.ie

• 26-10-2012 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

well its now 26th Oct - so when do you think we can order iPad mini from the apple.ie website (what time)

thanks

DFS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

DFS UTD wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

well its now 26th Oct - so when do you think we can order iPad mini from the apple.ie website (what time)

thanks

DFS

iPhone 5 was 1am on the 28th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭cuilteanna

The white ones are already a 2 week wait... I hate to think how bad it will be by 2pm!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

cuilteanna wrote: »
    The white ones are already a 2 week wait... I hate to think how bad it will be by 2pm!

Where are the white ones a 2 week wait?

By 2pm Ireland will be starting afresh.
    It will be a 2 week wait minimum, just look at people that ordered the iPhone 5.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭cuilteanna

kceire wrote: »
    Where are the white ones a 2 week wait?

In the US store, I hadn't looked at any others. Unfortunately I won't be back there for a while... though going by the iPhone 5 stories I'd still have it sooner than it will show up here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

You could preorder at 8 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jamey_29

Ordered mine at launch (00:00 PST) from the US. Delivery by next Friday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Strange, they are already up for pre-ordering in the German store, delivery is currently estimated for end of November for the LTE models, 2 weeks for wi-fi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I'm interested to hear if people who already own an iPad are still going to buy this. Personally I own an iPad 2 and couldn't see any reason to buy one of these.

We have an ipad 2 aswell. The wife never lets it go so i'm getting a mini for myself. Plus the HD facetimes was the seller for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

BanjoB wrote: »
    I'm interested to hear if people who already own an iPad are still going to buy this. Personally I own an iPad 2 and couldn't see any reason to buy one of these.

Have the iPad with retina display as its called now, won't be getting the mini as the screen size is too small for me and its too expensive imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Jamey_29 wrote: »
    We have an ipad 2 aswell. The wife never lets it go so i'm getting a mini for myself. Plus the HD facetimes was the seller for me.

I'm exactly the same with my Misus :). I'm just reduced to using my iPhone at night when she's stuck to the iPad.
    I guess the mini is a good alternative in that regard but if only it's price point was at the €200 euro range would I feel it justifiable.

I think you would be stone mad to buy a non-retina handheld device from Apple in this day and age.

Use your iPhone or iPad 3rd gen and pick up an iPad 2 or one of these iPad mini's. Its not going to look pretty.

Heck, even going from iPhone 5 to the iPad 3rd gen is even a little dreary because the 44% colour saturation increase on the 5. It makes the iPad look a bit washed out.

Don't kick yourself in the teeth when Apple update the Mini to Retina in less than a year.

If you want it badly. Get it now but if you can afford to wait for a really good iPad Mini display. Wait for it.

Apologies. I saw the pricing opened up at 8 and assumed you could purchase.

Anyone else think the smart covers are dear? Same price as the iPad ones. Thought they would at least be a fiver cheaper. Still getting one though.

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I think you would be stone mad to buy a non-retina handheld device from Apple in this day and age.

Use your iPhone or iPad 3rd gen and pick up an iPad 2 or one of these iPad mini's. Its not going to look pretty.

Heck, even going from iPhone 5 to the iPad 3rd gen is even a little dreary because the 44% colour saturation increase on the 5. It makes the iPad look a bit washed out.

Don't kick yourself in the teeth when Apple update the Mini to Retina in less than a year.

If you want it badly. Get it now but if you can afford to wait for a really good iPad Mini display. Wait for it.

Live like that and you will never buy anything. If you want it, but the damn thing.

Jimdagym wrote: »

Live like that and you will never buy anything. If you want it, but the damn thing.

Normally I would. However, at the price point it makes no sense to buy now when it's an iPad 2 only smaller. At €279 it would have been feasable.

Even the iPod Nano is retina now.

BanjoB wrote: »
    I'm exactly the same with my Misus :). I'm just reduced to using my iPhone at night when she's stuck to the iPad.
    I guess the mini is a good alternative in that regard but if only it's price point was at the €200 euro range would I feel it justifiable.

ATM I make do with the iphone myself. My Kids have a nexus 7 and i held out until I seen the specs of the mini. As good as the wee Nexus 7's are the mini is worth the jump. I'd be lost without FaceTime :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

ATM I make do with the iphone myself. My Kids have a nexus 7 and i held out until I seen the specs of the mini. As good as the wee Nexus 7's are the mini is worth the jump. I'd be lost without FaceTime :)

Why not just use facetime on the iphone then and save money by not buying an ipad mini, makes no sense really. even if the picture is slightly better, its facetime, does it need to be great super HD picture?

I have a Retina display on my iP 4S. Yes it is amazing looking but the resoloution on my iPad two is great too. And with the same resoloution on the mini the Pixcels Per Inch are higher...plus there is 275 K apps designed at this resoloution from the app store. If it didnt have the camera upgrade I would have thought differently. The iPad 2 camera is not the best....

I have a Retina display on my iP 4S. Yes it is amazing looking but the resoloution on my iPad two is great too. And with the same resoloution on the mini the Pixcels Per Inch are higher...plus there is 275 K apps designed at this resoloution from the app store. If it didnt have the camera upgrade I would have thought differently. The iPad 2 camera is not the best....

I've never once used the rear camera on the iPad. The iPad 3 has a good one but I could never see myself using it.

I suppose Apple do need to leave some scope for the iPad Mini 2nd Gen but I really think at this stage retina should be as standard. It will come next year and people will probably still ooh and aah about it.

I just won't consider one unless its retina.
    My eyes are too used to it.

I've never once used the rear camera on the iPad. The iPad 3 has a good one but I could never see myself using it.

I suppose Apple do need to leave some scope for the iPad Mini 2nd Gen but I really think at this stage retina should be as standard. It will come next year and people will probably still ooh and aah about it.

I just won't consider one unless its retina.
    My eyes are too used to it.

I can respect that. tbh if they added a retina display this year the price could have been 400 for the basic wifi and i dont think i would have went for it. We use the back camera alot during Facetime but mostly the front camera. 720P Facetime is superb :D

Normally I would. However, at the price point it makes no sense to buy now when it's an iPad 2 only smaller. At €279 it would have been feasable.

Even the iPod Nano is retina now.

I think you need to take a closer look at the specs. Alot of the features are current with the latest full size ipad. The "FaceTime HD camera" "1080p HD video recording" "SIRI" "Lightening port" "LTE" to name a few....and the apps will loo0k great at that resoloution.

They are a few minutes late :p

Buy Now option is there, but i cant go through with the order :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭Henry94

I still have a Gen 1 iPad. When that dies I'll choose between the Mini pad and the Maxi pad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Just rang the helpline and yes it was supposed to be 2pm. They switch it from the states so well late at this stage.

Was told the Mini first round orders sold out in 45mins

• Advertisement

Just rang the helpline and yes it was supposed to be 2pm. They switch it from the states so well late at this stage.

I'm ringing 911 :p

Advertisement