Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipad Mini Order from Apple.ie

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

just rang apple they are saying 3pm for pre orders

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Ordered :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Available now... 2 weeks to shipping for WiFi only, late November shipping for WiFi + 3G. Same on the iPad 4 (or whatever it's called...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

Ordered :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭boardzz

2 weeks. SH!te enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 ________

boardzz wrote: »
    2 weeks. SH!te enough.
    I'm happy with two weeks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

iPad 4
    White
    16gb
    Ordered!

Pity its not mine or even anbody in my house :(
    I'll just get to see it delivered and i'll hqave to hand it over to my cousin :(

On the other hand, i'll get 2545 Piggypoints :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭iphonehead

I'm happy enough with two weeks as well - its an xmas present for the better half, so two weeks is two weeks less temptation to start playing with it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Orderd mine in the US. Delivery on Nov 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 9 deisebih

Anyone know if the mini or 4th gen iPad will be available in any retail shops around the 2nd nov or after?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

deisebih wrote: »
    Anyone know if the mini or 4th gen iPad will be available in any retail shops around the 2nd nov or after?

Would also like to know this. I haven't ordered online as I'm still mulling the purchase over, but would be handy to know if bricks and mortar will have them so I can make my mind up between now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Did anyone get a date any less than 2 weeks when ordering through apple.ie?

Preordered anyway, but think I'll take my chances buying one next friday instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

8AM launch in Currys/PC World according to Declan over on the forums. Link

Anyone know what other iPad launches have been like in bricks and mortar stores? Is there as big hype as the iPhone in Apple stores in US/UK with people queuing all night or is it more relaxed?

Have mine pre-ordered on Apple and after the announcement was hoping to have it by next Friday but estimated delivery is 15th November by the time it was available to pre-order in Ireland.

iPad launches are relatively calm.

Ipad 1 you could stroll in on launch day and pick one up with no queue.

iPad 2 there was a bit more hype and some queues. Fairly long queue outside compu b on grafton st.

iPad 3 was fairly calm and I think a few places still had stock after launch day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

My wife is in New York from the 10th to the 14th November. Inc state tax, the iPad mini works out about €370 for the 32gig. What's people's best speculation about stock then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭cuilteanna

Had a smart cover on my iPad 3 and liked it. I plan to get one for my mini as well, between the cover and a skin on the back my 3 was well protected for all the travel I did with it. Unless I tried to gab it by the cover it stayed attached really well.

The most annoying bit was the metal "hinges" and I'd just pull it off when it bothered me. I'm really interested to see what the new hinge is like on the mini cover, but I'll buy one anyway just to keep the screen covered in my bag.

I did preorder one with the mini but it added nearly a week to the estimated date so I had to drop it!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Friday it said 2 weeks but Monday it said 1 week and is currently stating that. I wonder will you get it a few days early. Going by that I would say any time between the 8th & 12th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭cuilteanna

Friday it said 2 weeks but Monday it said 1 week and is currently stating that. I wonder will you get it a few days early. Going by that I would say any time between the 8th & 12th.

Still says 2 weeks for the mini. I'll probably check the shops this weekend anyway.

Mine originally had a date of the 22nd, but by cancelling the smart cover it dropped back to the 15th. I know the US and UK seem to be getting the covers first but I guess it doesn't work that way in Ireland.

Advertisement