Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disconnecting from XBL since update

Options
  • 26-10-2012 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭

Just a problem I've been having since the update. When I turn on the Xbox I sign in and connect and everything's grand when it's just sitting on the dash. But as soon as I start up a game or app like Netflix it disconnects. If I press the guide button when in game and press connect from there it'll connect again and stay connected for a few minutes but then disconnect again. Only started happening since the update a couple of days ago and never had this problem before the update. Was able to play online and use Netflix etc. Anyone else have a similar issue or any suggestions on how to resolve it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I was on earlier and it was showing me as disconnected and gave an error saying some content was not available.

Was able watch Netflix for an hour or so with no problems though.

I'd say it's some kind of server issue. Give it a bit of time. I can't really see it being connected but I wonder if the Windows 8 release has anything to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

What service provider are you with? I've been having trouble with my connection on my UPC router since the update, I had the xbox on a static IP and that IP set up as DMZ host to allow open NAT, now that is causing a failure to connect. If I change me IP to auto, it will connect but NAT stays strict, not sure what the cause is.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm with UPC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

I am with UPC also, Sam problem, XBL connection constantly disconnecting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Same here, with UPC and constantly disconnecting recently, never used to happen before. Wrecking my head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

This is horsecock, I'm paying for xbox live service and the console wont connect to the xbox live servers at all. The router is fine and the xbox is connecting to that so internet is a problem. The support number just hung up as soon as I was put on to through to a human as well. It's only been happenin the last week or 2 as well.

The online support is not much help either. It's just a very poor service overall and one I'm not happy with the way it's heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

I'm having the same problem too. On UPC 120mb and ever since the dashboard update my account wont connect to live or am getting a "some items are temporally unavailable" when I do connect. Quite frustrating!

I resorted to resetting the router back to factory settings (reset button located on back of router, hold for ten seconds) and then setting up the DMZ host for the xbox's ip address, this seemed to have fixed the problem, although I only get on it on weekends so will let you know then.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BobbieBerto

Ive had same problems too, right after the update i couldnt connect for a few hrs, since then its either random disconnects or not connecting when i turn on xbox, Upc here aswell.

Bobbie, try resetting router, have you a manual ip address set up for the xbox and it set under dmz host on your router?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Having no connection issues, im Eircom, must be a UPC thing, one thing I do have a problem is sometimes when I connect my external hd, my xbox thinks I dont have a wireless built in, but I do, its a slim, strange one but has happened me twice....

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BobbieBerto

@rizz ye ive reset it, ports forwarded its in the dmz etc, dosnt seem to be as bad now but the last two nights connection lost around midnight happend to two of my friends in the same area at the same time aswell, its a strange one.

I'm wondering if the recent update by UPC meant a change in the firmware to their routers or that, probably coincidence it happened pretty close to the xbox update which may cause the confusion. I know whenever UPC upgrade their speed they send a letter telling you to turn off your router to reset it and take advantage of the upgrade.

Advertisement