Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sennheiser HD 25-1 II

• 26-10-2012 12:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking of investing in my first pair of headphones. I've always used earphones previously.

What is the difference between these two models?

Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Closed Headphone

Sennheiser HD25-1-II BE - Headphones

The only difference I can see is the price, so there must be a reason for this.

I assume these are the cheapest you can get them?

Cheers in advance lads.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056712870

Thread above about them.

Bought a pair in The States a few weeks ago and they are great. Paid $200

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

If it's casual listening you are buying them for, I'd be looking at the new Sennheiser Momentum range. Although they are a bit more pricey.

HD25s are brilliant, especially for Djing, but they're not the most comfortable to wear over long periods I've found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The Momentum's are out of my price range. I've had my eyes on these for a while so I don't think I'll deviate from the 25's.

I'll probably just go for the more expensive ones above as they have more reviews and it's only 8 pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Keno 92 wrote: »
    The Momentum's are out of my price range. I've had my eyes on these for a while so I don't think I'll deviate from the 25's.

I'll probably just go for the more expensive ones above as they have more reviews and it's only 8 pounds.

Check the link in the other thread, they're cheaper.

DJBox.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Different earpads. Basic Edition doesn't have velour ones I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

The Irish store x music ...have a the various models at a good normal price ..

http://www.xmusic.ie/Sennheiser-HD25-1-II-p-19987.html

I am thinking of getting a pair ...or maybe hold out until the price of the newest model the "Amperior" comes down they are € 300 only from the Apple store for now.:eek:

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/H8613ZM/A?fnode=3d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I've been doing some research and have found that the V-Moda M-80's are getting the same if not better reviews (especially on build quality) as the 25's, and are about 20 pounds cheaper.

Decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I've been doing some research and have found that the V-Moda M-80's are getting the same if not better reviews (especially on build quality) as the 25's, and are about 20 pounds cheaper.

Decisions, decisions.

See if there is anywhere you can demo them.

On the comfort factor, I recently used them on a flight from New York to Dublin and didn't find them uncomfortable. Many people have found them uncomfortable though after prolonged periods.

Advertisement