Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding Sata Ports as Cheap as Possible

Options
  • 26-10-2012 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

I ran out of avilible Sata ports on my system there and I'm looking to add another ssd to my it for Linux so what would be the cheapest way of adding extra sata ports?
    I only need sata 2 3gb/s ports as it's only going to run 2 sata2 HDD's, was looking at raid cards but the problem is I only have a PCI-E slot left and PCI-E raid cards are quite expensive and was hoping to do it under a tener or so, so what would be my options? Also would there be simple card with a Sata controller without raid that I could use instead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

Something like THIS for €8.90

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭after_shock3000

You can pick up a PCI-E one cheap enough these days.
    I bought this one a few weeks ago and it's working great so far. Transfer speeds are very good too compared to the PCI one I had previously.

Only downside is if you're in a rush, it took 2-3 weeks to arrive.

Advertisement