Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2014*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Section 1 is so challenging to complete with time constraints :) at least section 2 and 3 are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Section 1 is so challenging to complete with time constraints :) at least section 2 and 3 are ok.

Ahhh, I still can't comprehend how people can not feel massive time pressure in Section 3!

Did anyone do the Acer practice exam 1 and input the results? Really rather odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 wafture

input the results where? :o

the only section i'm decent at is section 2 :(
    and my percentiles are really going down on ME, is anyone else finding this?

Ahhh, I still can't comprehend how people can not feel massive time pressure in Section 3!

Did anyone do the Acer practice exam 1 and input the results? Really rather odd.

Input results where ?

And no . I did the prep course and have done 6 full sections 3s . They become repetitive and easy to figure out . I've also do mensa puzzles from their books and apps . They also help.

Any tips for section 1?

How do you check your percentile ?

wafture wrote: »
    input the results where? :o

the only section i'm decent at is section 2 :(
    and my percentiles are really going down on ME, is anyone else finding this?
    Input results where ?

And no . I did the prep course and have done 6 full sections 3s . They become repetitive and easy to figure out . I've also do mensa puzzles from their books and apps . They also help.

Any tips for section 1?

How do you check your percentile ?

ehm you input them in the Acer practice test part of the HPAT section (it's on the drop down menu).

Input your results for the test, and it'll give you a percentile.

• Advertisement

ehm you input them in the Acer practice test part of the HPAT section (it's on the drop down menu).

Is this available for the free test . I still can't find it .

I go acer - login - material - hpat Ireland

Is this right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 conorlfitz

Yeah I'm not seeing this either...

Can anyone draw light on this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Anyone do the hpat course in Sheldon park hotel want to compare results from the mock today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Can anyone draw light on this ?

I think I can remember filling mine in, so yeah it's a thing. But I don't have ME access now or whatever to check how.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KristineKJ

Admission ticket, check. Same place as last year thank god, I'll find it on time without worry this year :P And if anyone got UCD business school Examination centre, see you there I suppose.

How's everyone's nerves with a week to go?

KristineKJ wrote: »
    Admission ticket, check. Same place as last year thank god, I'll find it on time without worry this year :P And if anyone got UCD business school Examination centre, see you there I suppose.

Really not nervous at all. I don't know why because I'm a worrying kind of person :confused:

Not being nervous does NOT mean feeling/being prepared though (for me at least) :P

Yourself?

Really not nervous at all. I don't know why because I'm a worrying kind of person :confused:

Not being nervous does NOT mean feeling/being prepared though (for me at least) :P

Yourself?

Yeah, that's the problem though. I'm nervous for not feeling nervous lol. Second time doing this thing, traveling all the way from Norway(okay maybe not that far away but still haha). Last year this time I was a wreck. Don't feel as prepared this time around though, but maybe there's something to that too. I feel like I shouldn't over analyze stuff which I tended to do last time. I suppose I'll just do my best, nothing to loose anyway(lol except some cash).

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

I'm honestly just looking forward to getting it out of the way. No point worrying :)

Yeah, that's the problem though. I'm nervous for not feeling nervous lol. Second time doing this thing, traveling all the way from Norway(okay maybe not that far away but still haha). Last year this time I was a wreck. Don't feel as prepared this time around though, but maybe there's something to that too. I feel like I shouldn't over analyze stuff which I tended to do last time. I suppose I'll just do my best, nothing to loose anyway(lol except some cash).

Yeh sure that's all you can do, your best.
    Best of luck anyway! :D

JDOC1996 wrote: »
    I'm honestly just looking forward to getting it out of the way. No point worrying :)

Me too for sure. After Imma enjoy a few days in Dublin and Galway. Oh, and please if you've any tips what I shouldn't miss, spill. Been to Dublin once briefly and seen the "usual" touristy stuff.

Oh, and if anyone in Dublin wanna meet up for a pint or so afterwards my friend(Therese) and I would def join. Don't know if most people are under 18 here or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

From what I remember, there would've been a lot of people who would've gotten 0 overall as they neglected to answer any question - I remember doing it myself, as I only wanted to look at the solutions and wasn't too fussed about the percentiles. The answers are available too so naturally it's not a fair test so the percentiles really don't match up, it's not really worth the time taken to input your own answers really.

Me too for sure. After Imma enjoy a few days in Dublin and Galway. Oh, and please if you've any tips what I shouldn't miss, spill. Been to Dublin once briefly and seen the "usual" touristy stuff.

Oh, and if anyone in Dublin wanna meet up for a pint or so afterwards my friend(Therese) and I would def join. Don't know if most people are under 18 here or not?

I'm only 16 . I feel young now :) I'm sitting mine in cork anyways .

Is anyone sitting the mock in cork tomorrow . I'll be there . My name is Eoghan .

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭EternalGeek

Good luck everyone with HPAT.

I'm sitting it in UCD.

Currently on a week of nights, due to finish Wednesday...I thought the nights might be quiet for a sneaky bit of study...:/

• Registered Users Posts: 17 wafture

for people wondering what atomickoala meant about inputting results, its on the ME website, not the official ACER one

log into lms and under the hpat heading there's a section for ACER practice tests where you can input your answers and get a percentile

• Advertisement

How did your pre go today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JackH14

You can't input the results from ACER practice exam 3 on the LMS, only the first two. Has anyone else done ACER practice exam 3?
    I scored: S1: 34 S2: 26 S3: 16 Total: 76

Just wondering how my result compares against others who have completed the test?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 uzzy_94

Anyone do the hpat course in Sheldon park hotel want to compare results from the mock today?

I got: 30/26/22. Total 78/110.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chuck_Norris_

JackH14 wrote: »
    You can't input the results from ACER practice exam 3 on the LMS, only the first two. Has anyone else done ACER practice exam 3?
    I scored: S1: 34 S2: 26 S3: 16 Total: 76

Just wondering how my result compares against others who have completed the test?

Yeah I got S1: 26 S2: 28 S3: 25 Total; 79
    Had a horror show in S1! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JackH14

Yeah, S3 was a disaster for me.
    I can never get those pick the middle questions. They're very frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SoundInfluence

uzzy_94 wrote: »
    I got: 30/26/22. Total 78/110.

26/28/24. Total 78/110.
    Both are very good results!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chuck_Norris_

26/28/24. Total 78/110.
    Both are very good results!!
    31/26/23
    Didn't think the S2 was representative of what the ACER practice exams or the actual HPAT is like at all! :pac:

Anyone wondering about the practice test, you'll need ME to input the results, it's not on the Acer site. I should have clarified that :o
    Slow Show wrote: »
    From what I remember, there would've been a lot of people who would've gotten 0 overall as they neglected to answer any question - I remember doing it myself, as I only wanted to look at the solutions and wasn't too fussed about the percentiles. The answers are available too so naturally it's not a fair test so the percentiles really don't match up, it's not really worth the time taken to input your own answers really.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, I never really intended it as a fair test, however I wasn't expecting the official practice test to be such a massive waste of time - it really struck me as quite badly made, did you find it quite different to the real deal.

Nerves? They're becoming omnipresent. I did the last practice exam this afternoon - and it really didn't go too well unfortunately. I was really stuck for time on Section 1, although I did fine in the end. Section 3 I only got 19 right in! But that was still above average somehow, but god, a bit depressing.

The worst was Section 2 though, because I'm usually fairly consistent at it - and I got my second worst result ever in it, which really isn't good what with 6 days to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭yoyojc

Anyone wondering about the practice test, you'll need ME to input the results, it's not on the Acer site. I should have clarified that :o

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I never really intended it as a fair test, however I wasn't expecting the official practice test to be such a massive waste of time - it really struck me as quite badly made, did you find it quite different to the real deal.

Nerves? They're becoming omnipresent. I did the last practice exam this afternoon - and it really didn't go too well unfortunately. I was really stuck for time on Section 1, although I did fine in the end. Section 3 I only got 19 right in! But that was still above average somehow, but god, a bit depressing.

The worst was Section 2 though, because I'm usually fairly consistent at it - and I got my second worst result ever in it, which really isn't good what with 6 days to go.

When you say above average, do most people do poorly in certain sections? I thought I'd do so much better ....

• Advertisement

yoyojc wrote: »
    When you say above average, do most people do poorly in certain sections? I thought I'd do so much better ....

Well, if by poorly you mean get a lot of answers wrong (obviously percentile-wise poorly is always the same as such), people seem to get an awful lot wrong in Section 3, yeah. I mean, getting above average with 19/42 means most people got more than 23 wrong on exam 12.

Mind you I've only gotten like 50th in other Section 3s with 22 or 23 out of 42, but that still strikes me as low, the questions really tend to be difficult on ME.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement