Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2014*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 charlie165

edivlas wrote: »
    I hear that it's biophysics? I think I have that right anyway although I'm not too sure what it involves. I've never done it before but I always thought physics to be interesting so might as well when I've nothing else to do. And yep, it looks like it! Doubt I'll fall asleep although I would like to. :/

yea I will stay up! 6 am and ill fall asleep if i dont get anything by then

• Registered Users Posts: 6 edivlas

charlie165 wrote: »
    yea I will stay up! 6 am and ill fall asleep if i dont get anything by then

I'm with you there. They really could be more organised...XD

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

What physics stuff though? :) Woopah are you nervous for us because you're still traumatized by the tension you experienced last year? :P

I hear that it's biophysics? I think I have that right anyway although I'm not too sure what it involves. I've never done it before but I always thought physics to be interesting so might as well when I've nothing else to do. And yep, it looks like it! Doubt I'll fall asleep although I would like to. :/

Waiting for my result this year feels ten times worse. Ready to have a nervous breakdown here. I probably won't even open it straight away when it comes.

Topics covered included;

-Electrostatics
    -Electricity
    -Nerve Conduction
    -Magnetism
    -Waves and Particles
    There's a few other ones too, but they were the main topics.

woopah92 wrote: »
    Waiting for my result this year feels ten times worse. Ready to have a nervous breakdown here. I probably won't even open it straight away when it comes.

Topics covered included;

-Electrostatics
    -Electricity
    -Nerve Conduction
    -Magnetism
    -Waves and Particles
    There's a few other ones too, but they were the main topics.

pretty feckin cool! I did the 3 sciences and applied maths so I'd really be suited, let's hope I don't have to repeat!

pretty feckin cool! I did the 3 sciences and applied maths so I'd really be suited, let's hope I don't have to repeat!

Nice! If I were to repeat I'd do the same except for applied maths. I only decided to go for med at the start of 6th yr so I had to drop geography and picked up chemistry. Best decision I ever made; geography classes were a pain.

• Advertisement

They're kind of boring, and the labs for physics are heeeeeell. The plus side? The lecturer in semester two for physics sounds like Gru from Despicable Me. :P

Nice! If I were to repeat I'd do the same except for applied maths. I only decided to go for med at the start of 6th yr so I had to drop geography and picked up chemistry. Best decision I ever made; geography classes were a pain.

Chemistry is wayyyy better, geography is a load of ****e :L If I were repeating I'd take up ag science/ home ec! the more science the better:L I love facts, you know them or you dont :L... woopah you seem to know a lot about the course! you've got friends in a course yea?

Chemistry is wayyyy better, geography is a load of ****e :L If I were repeating I'd take up ag science/ home ec! the more science the better:L I love facts, you know them or you dont :L... woopah you seem to know a lot about the course! you've got friends in a course yea?

I just finished 1st year of biomed in UCD. I did 4 of the 5 premed modules in semester 2. And had a few of the premed modules in semester one. I know the course extremely well haha.

Couldn't agree more! I hate the waffling subjects where you don't know whether your answer gets you full marks or not. As for geography, I fell asleep so many times in the double classes. Enough said. XD

woopah92 wrote: »
    I just finished 1st year of biomed in UCD. I did 4 of the 5 premed modules in semester 2. And had a few of the premed modules in semester one. I know the course extremely well haha.

pretty cool! biomed/biochem does give you an advantage I heard :) Edivlas, very true! :)

are we still awake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 ECM2012

Can someone please post a link to where we get the results, I didn't get an email with a link like i did last year so I'm getting a bit worried.

ECM2012 wrote: »
    Can someone please post a link to where we get the results, I didn't get an email with a link like i did last year so I'm getting a bit worried.

well I haven't got anything yet it's too early i'd say? the Acer hpat ireland accounts is prob where we will see them and we won't get an email until later today about it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kevlar29

Results are out guys. I was just able to check mine on the accounts page. It shows up underneath the manage account and view admission ticket links. Not really happy with what I got to be honest :/ It'd be a good enough score to get medicine if I did quite well in the LC but I won't get nearly what I need points wise in the LC to get it off a HPAT score like that.

kevlar29 wrote: »
    Results are out guys. I was just able to check mine on the accounts page. It shows up underneath the manage account and view admission ticket links. Not really happy with what I got to be honest :/ It'd be a good enough score to get medicine if I did quite well in the LC but I won't get nearly what I need points wise in the LC to get it off a HPAT score like that.

don't worry man! you can build on your weaknesses from the exam and work on your school work to get yourself across the line if you really want it! Don't be disheartened, because where there's a will there's a way! Don't let this blow stop you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SoundInfluence

Went down from last year.. Kind of expected tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Flickka

Too scared to look at mine :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Marko1011

Are everybody else's percentiles corresponding to overall scores that are approximately 10 points down from last year?!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Marko1011 wrote: »
    Are everybody else's percentiles corresponding to overall scores that are approximately 10 points down from last year?!

Looks like that

Marko1011 wrote: »

Yeah pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Marko1011

Beca19 wrote: »
    Looks like that

So the overall CAO points will have to be scaled back to compensate. Well, I hope so!

• Advertisement

Yea if I can remember correctly my friend scored 6/7 points more than me last year and got the same percentile as me, I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EmmaO25

Should you be looking at your overall score or percentile? because although i seem to have a high percentile the score itself seemslower than what i heard was normal for that result?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Conly95

I got 178,89th percentile and got 550 in my leaving,what are my chances like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Ka_yl_ei_gh

Conly95 wrote: »
    I got 178,89th percentile and got 550 in my leaving,what are my chances like?

I think the points would have to go down for you to get it tbh :( but like I'm not 100% sure :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EmmaO25

Also i presume if the percentile scores are lower than last year the overall points will be coming down for med?

EmmaO25 wrote: »
    Also i presume if the percentile scores are lower than last year the overall points will be coming down for med?

this should be sent to a newspaper and be turned into a poll!! Serious messing with our heads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 immrbrightside

Last year, 194 was the 90th percentile. This year, 191 is the 96th percentile. There's definitely been a significant drop.

im cursing them and their reduction of points for section 3 :L you know like last year was it the case that you add up your 3 scores to get your result?

Can't believe section 2 was my lowest. I consistently scored 90-100 percentile on that in the practice exams. Section 1 was always my worst and in this was by far my best. Ugh.

• Advertisement

Flickka wrote: »
    Can't believe section 2 was my lowest. I consistently scored 90-100 percentile on that in the practice exams. Section 1 was always my worst and in this was by far my best. Ugh.

yea section 2 was my lowest by a lot!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement