Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2014*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cian casey

What order do people have them in ??

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

UCD (no chance, but I just left it down)
    RCSI
    UCC
    NUIG

No Trinity down on my CAO. Hopefully optimistic, maybe too much so, for RCSI.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 micoshea

TCD
    UCD
    RCSI
    UCC
    NUIG
    Fingers crossed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cian casey

Is anyone fairly confident they'll get their first choice ?? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

Just writing to ask if the HPAT is as hard as everyone makes it out to be? I will be doing it in 2016 and just wondering if it is nearly impossible to get 80th/90th percentile. How hard is it to get a score that will get you a place on a course? I think i can get around 560-585 so that is 552-557 so i would need around 170+?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

kb98 wrote: »
    Just writing to ask if the HPAT is as hard as everyone makes it out to be? I will be doing it in 2016 and just wondering if it is nearly impossible to get 80th/90th percentile. How hard is it to get a score that will get you a place on a course? I think i can get around 560-585 so that is 552-557 so i would need around 170+?

Why don't you wait 2 more years when there is a hpat 2016 thread .
    Take a chill pill and relax before hard decisions do come .
    I think people are preoccupied with this years hpat atm .

• Registered Users Posts: 20 scallway

How can you make sure you get offered premed and not first med? I'm confident I'm going to get an offer but not doing first med 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aiaiclor

If you get offered first med you can just drop down easily enough 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Namzi

Your a bit early, but after all that bird gets the worm. The best thing is not to fall into the trap of using up countless sample materials and not correcting yourself ( Me last year and I came out with 75th percentile in 2013). This year I got 91st percentile, by doing the sample papers then carefully correcting myself with the solutions, improving my mental maths, you have to be able to divide, find percentages and multiply quickly. Work on timing is a last minute affair not the main focus, and do not write off section 2, it can be your saviour or your worst nightmare. Best of luck.

micoshea wrote: »
    TCD
    UCD
    RCSI
    UCC
    NUIG
    Fingers crossed :p

My exact order also. But now I hope for anywhere but Dublin lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

Namzi wrote: »
    Your a bit early, but after all that bird gets the worm. The best thing is not to fall into the trap of using up countless sample materials and not correcting yourself ( Me last year and I came out with 75th percentile in 2013). This year I got 91st percentile, by doing the sample papers then carefully correcting myself with the solutions, improving my mental maths, you have to be able to divide, find percentages and multiply quickly. Work on timing is a last minute affair not the main focus, and do not write off section 2, it can be your saviour or your worst nightmare. Best of luck.

Thanks!
    I'm just trying to prepare myself for it over the next year so that i will be ready because i would rather get the high score the first time but as people like you prove you can come back stronger and improve! Well done on that score!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭back to back

yo! i got 733 and hoping for ucd i know i have a small chance but im like totally trippin some major balls here so like i was just wondering if other people are the same as me or if anyone had any cheeky predictions floatin around ?

yo! i got 733 and hoping for ucd i know i have a small chance but im like totally trippin some major balls here so like i was just wondering if other people are the same as me or if anyone had any cheeky predictions floatin around ?

You'll be close I'd say! I think UCD will be around 734/735..

• Registered Users Posts: 37 imsocool chillininda pool

nah i think 733 could get tcd this year :) 15 point drop isn't totally unrealistic

kwl thanks hombre

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ryan95

I'd say you're fairly boarder line for UCD like you may scrap it in tomorrow or else get it in the 2nd round so I'd be fairly optimistic !

awesome although i dont have trinners down till my third choice after rcsi haha dunno why i did that

RCSI though... :-P Could see ya there buddy...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

GTFO OUT OF HERE AND GO TO THE AWARDS CEREMONY

hope so ill ask around for a 'woopah'

• Advertisement

My awards time was last year... I don't know these new people :(

hope so ill ask around for a 'woopah'

You could find out my real name either and then, I suppose, ask for that :p

Just go for the bants like

Join in :D

Thanks!
    I'm just trying to prepare myself for it over the next year so that i will be ready because i would rather get the high score the first time but as people like you prove you can come back stronger and improve! Well done on that score!

No prob and thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 D3mand123

Praying for a 19 point drop :'(

LADS

RELAX

THERES NOTHING YEE CAN DO BAR WAIT

SO WHY NOT RELAX

AND ATTEND AN AWARD CEREMONY WHILE YOU WAIT

I hightly reccomend this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057271590&page=9 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 imsocool chillininda pool

is anyone else having extreme difficulty explaining to family and friends how med will drop this year? all mine are sh!tting a brick and think i'm proper crazy talking about the definite reduction :D

anyway good luck to everyone tomorrow. not to get too sappy but like if youre on boards.ie 6 hours before cao deadline then youre most likely really ambitious and bright nd **** so like whatever happens tomorrow just go with it. theres millions of ways of getting medicine outside of the cao and regardless its pretty insignificant in the grander scheme of things. last year missed medicine by 5 points and was pretty torn up, then went on to do a year of biomedical science in ucd and had the best year of my life so like whatever you get tomorrow just say **** it! and eat some cereal:)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 micoshea

*munches cheerios

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 sal18c3

anyway good luck to everyone tomorrow. not to get too sappy but like if youre on boards.ie 6 hours before cao deadline then youre most likely really ambitious and bright nd **** so like whatever happens tomorrow just go with it. theres millions of ways of getting medicine outside of the cao and regardless its pretty insignificant in the grander scheme of things. last year missed medicine by 5 points and was pretty torn up, then went on to do a year of biomedical science in ucd and had the best year of my life so like whatever you get tomorrow just say **** it! and eat some cereal:)

Did you repeat hpat this year? I think I will have to do the same

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement