Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2014*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 D3MAND

Missed out by one point, nable atm

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭back to back

**** me sideways im on random selection for ucd

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

If anyone else gets RCSI med, PM. #friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Namzi

Can I please get a link to the points

Namzi wrote: »
    Can I please get a link to the points

Sorry I just saw it, well seems like trinity it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 micoshea

TRINNERS FOR WINNERS
    Nailed it, and with 11 points to spare

Sorry I just saw it, well seems like trinity it is!

See you in September

micoshea wrote: »
    TRINNERS FOR WINNERS
    Nailed it, and with 11 points to spare

Well haha I'll be seeing you there, 5 points to spare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Raspberry Fileds

Does anyone think it possible that UCD could equal or surpass Trinity points? UCD has 25% fewer places and their points have been converging in the last two years.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FunTimess

Well haha I'll be seeing you there, 5 points to spare
    micoshea wrote: »
    See you in September

See ye there :D

• Advertisement

FunTimess wrote: »
    See ye there :D

Ah see I'm making friends already

• Registered Users Posts: 14 petrichor

Not really sure how random selection works.. I got 734 and first choice is trinity, could I still be up for random selection or no? :o

Whoever posted that article (thankyou btw. I might actually sleep tonight because of you), could you please post a link to the forum you got it from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭flump_master

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057271264/13/#post91777372

The better quality version of the article is up there, enter at your own risk :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

petrichor wrote: »
    Not really sure how random selection works.. I got 734 and first choice is trinity, could I still be up for random selection or no? :o

If Trinity's points are 733 you'll definitely get an offer, it'll be those on 733 who'll have to wait til 6am to see if they get in on random selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 CitrusCircus

jjC123 wrote: »
    530 LC points they said, you haven't a snowballs chance they said. Galway come at me :D .......WITH 7 POINTS TO SPARE

congrtulations!!! thats what i got too (the points not the course :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 petrichor

If Trinity's points are 733 you'll definitely get an offer, it'll be those on 733 who'll have to wait til 6am to see if they get in on random selection.

Thank you so so much! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Points for Trinity are 733. So you're in.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91777372&postcount=152

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Thank you so so much! :D

Congrats ;)

Medicine

NUIG 721

UCC 724

Trinity 733

RCS 727

UCD 733

As of the front page of the Independent.

• Advertisement

This is really a dream come true, even thought I wanted Galway I won't begrudge the massive point drop. I know it's great for a lot of people, I think we're the luckiest medicine year in ages!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭back to back

wouldnt really say were the luckiest we got a harder and more awkwardly marked hpat and the points dropped accordingly

This is really a dream come true, even thought I wanted Galway I won't begrudge the massive point drop. I know it's great for a lot of people, I think we're the luckiest medicine year in ages!!

HPAT had to be marked differently this year because it was difficult. Either way it would have largely resulted in students ending up in the same order on the CAO lists for Medicine whatever marking scheme they went by.

Nonetheless, getting the points for Medicine is not easy. Best of luck in Galway.

HPAT had to be marked differently this year because it was difficult. Either way it would have largely resulted in students ending up in the same order on the CAO lists for Medicine whatever marking scheme they went by.

Nonetheless, getting the points for Medicine is not easy. Best of luck in Galway.

Well I'll prob end up in trinity or UCD ( far to close to my overprotective dad lol). But I get what you mean with the points, I just feel like this year for the first time rewards people with lower LC points than other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mog57

To anybody missing out on a spot this year - it can be done - you will do it - don't lose hope! My sister didn't get med by about 3 points two years ago and now she has just finished 1st year med in TCD - she didn't let first time rejection stop her and now she is living the dream :)

I know that is little consolation if you feel like you're a crushed cornflake right now - but all of us here, were or still are medibees and are rooting for you. YOU'VE GOT THIS!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mcinabox

I know it sounds like a f*****g ridiculous question, but where do you actually know if you've been offered the course? Is it your CAO page or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 CitrusCircus

mcinabox wrote: »
    I know it sounds like a f*****g ridiculous question, but where do you actually know if you've been offered the course? Is it your CAO page or what?

yeh go to cao.ie and enter your cao number and password. the offer will be there and a blue acceptance box beside the offer you got :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sal18c3

3 points. Wow I might vomit

Trinity here I come!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sillydog10

Ucc down to 724, didn't expect that. See you guys there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement