Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2014*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Conly95

I got an offer for Galway Medicine,DEEELIGHTED, does it make any difference if I accept straight away with regards to skipping pre-med?How do I go about getting straight into first year? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ryan95

UCD with 10 points to spare!! Can't believe it! :D who will I be seeing there?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Riggins33

TRINITY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mcinabox

Ryan95 wrote: »
    UCD with 10 points to spare!! Can't believe it! :D who will I be seeing there?!

I'll be around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 futuredoctor96

mcinabox wrote: »
    I'll be around :)

I'll be there too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sillydog10

Is anyone else just baffled by the points difference? Never though there'd be 12 points between NUIG and trinners. Glad this crap is all over now
    Edit: meant to say 12

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Namzi

sillydog10 wrote: »
    Is anyone else just baffled by the points difference? Never though there'd be 2 points between NUIG and trinners. Glad this crap is all over now

Well acctually it's NUIG for 721, trinity for 733, so there's a 12 point difference. Congrats mate!!

Riggins33 wrote: »
    TRINITY!!!

See ya there!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jannev94

I got the points for NUIG but there's an astrix. What's my chance of getting it second round do people think?

Namzi wrote: »
    Well acctually it's NUIG for 721, trinity for 733, so there's a 12 point difference. Congrats mate!!

Cheers!

• Advertisement

jannev94 wrote: »
    I got the points for NUIG but there's an astrix. What's my chance of getting it second round do people think?

Pretty good, always goes down second round

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sahil123

Got NUIG with 8 points to spare. Can't believe it! I thought I was borderline and might miss out but i'm glad its over. Congratulation to all of ye who got in. To those who didn't, ye can always try again. I did significantly better in the HPAT the second time around so if ye didn't get it this year, don't give up yet.

Anyways Ill see some of ye in Galway then I suppose. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Riggins33

Namzi wrote: »
    See ya there!
    Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 h157

Scraped into UCD absolutely chuffed! Id convinced myself I wasn't going haha who will I be seeing there? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ryan95

h157 wrote: »
    Scraped into UCD absolutely chuffed! Id convinced myself I wasn't going haha who will I be seeing there? :D

I'll be seeing you soon! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 futuredoctor96

h157 wrote: »

Well done! I'll be there! So so so excited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 h157

Boards posters should just set up their own society at orientation haha

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FunTimess

Any idea when tcd start?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cian casey

Would someone be kind enough to post the points, too tired to go back 5+ pages :/ ...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 imsocool chillininda pool

nah i think 733 could get tcd this year :) 15 point drop isn't totally unrealistic

was i right? i think i was right :D well done everyone!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

FunTimess wrote: »
    Any idea when tcd start?

Freshers week starts Monday the 15th with your classes starting the week after! Welcome to Trinners!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gillian173

Got 733 points and scraped UCD which was my second choice. Really wanted trinity which is also 733 points. does any one know if theres any chance of second round?? or anyone want to swap?? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BilalRa

I got NUIG so I guess that's alright.

This whole time I had been under the impression that I had scored 595 points from my A-Level results, but I found out today that because I took my Maths A-Level a year earlier than my other A-Levels, it couldn't contribute to my overall points score. I had the ability to teach Maths to myself, and because I opted to take it a year earlier, its like it doesn't even exist! So my points total dropped to 555 and I scored 723 overall instead of 731 !

I should have gotten RCSI for the love of God.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 imsocool chillininda pool

In Ireland we need to satisfy all the lc entry requirements in the one year ( 2 science, maths, foreign language, english). We are all in the same boat as you, I know it is tough tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 scallway

Yeowwwww nuig with 25 points to spare, **** you to the peeps who said I wouldn't get it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Conly95 wrote: »
    I got an offer for Galway Medicine,DEEELIGHTED, does it make any difference if I accept straight away with regards to skipping pre-med?How do I go about getting straight into first year? Thanks

The college will contact you about it, if you get First Med you can change pretty easily down to Pre-Med by contacting the Admissions Office. I just checked there and I got the e-mail about allocation on the 29th of August, so I presume around then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dont BS

BilalRa wrote: »
    I got NUIG so I guess that's alright.

This whole time I had been under the impression that I had scored 595 points from my A-Level results, but I found out today that because I took my Maths A-Level a year earlier than my other A-Levels, it couldn't contribute to my overall points score. I had the ability to teach Maths to myself, and because I opted to take it a year earlier, its like it doesn't even exist! So my points total dropped to 555 and I scored 723 overall instead of 731 !

I should have gotten RCSI for the love of God.

If you didn't cash your results in until the next year (despite having the points for the A* etc already) , which plenty of people do, it would of counted. Seems silly and a bit unfair that you didn't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wildmmman

Anyone else for RCSI first med this year? :)

My mum was fairly happy that I got tcd! But I just realised that I could've gotten NUIG with 541. Wow, I really think this year rewarded people with lower LC scores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Repeatdude2014

Ok so this year i did the leaving and Hpat and was in total 145 points off medicine.... I know its a lot off..... Mainly due to the fact that i ****ed up in my leaving and got much less than i even got in my pre's as i was immature and went out drinking too much and didn't study enough as i had been all the way up to christmas.

I have decide to repeat as this disappointment is horrible as it is 100% my fault.....and also cop on for the full year and would like help with a few things please.

I need to come up 115 in my leaving from this year roughly and 30 points in my Hpat to have a chance of getting in, i got 435 in the leaving and 141 in Hpat this year.......... Cut off for my course was 721.....

Is it possible to come up that much in one year?

Should i take up another subject for the year like business ? with factual answers so i don't have to rely on the dodgy english course that i will have to learn again anyway this year since it has changed compared to my year?
    Or would that be a waste and too much stress?
    Or is medicine just not meant for me?... Its all i have ever wanted to do since the age of 12.....

I am good at subjects that have definite answers and don't have to make stuff up like english and irish!
    Please help !!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement