Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2014*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BilalRa

dont BS wrote: »
    If you didn't cash your results in until the next year (despite having the points for the A* etc already) , which plenty of people do, it would of counted. Seems silly and a bit unfair that you didn't get it.

Hmm, perhaps I should have done that. I just didn't think it would have mattered. At the time I thought it would have impressed unis more if I told them I completed an A-Level in one year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BilalRa

wildmmman wrote: »
    Anyone else for RCSI first med this year? :)
    Namzi wrote: »
    My mum was fairly happy that I got tcd! But I just realised that I could've gotten NUIG with 541. Wow, I really think this year rewarded people with lower LC scores

Grats you guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sillydog10

My mum was fairly happy that I got tcd! But I just realised that I could've gotten NUIG with 541. Wow, I really think this year rewarded people with lower LC scores
    Not really, people with lower hpat scores gained the most. Last year I'd have needed 88th to get UCC but this year 84th would have gotten me in. Also, NUIG has always been the lowest of the med colleges..

Very OT here lads, but if anyone going to ucc is looking for a room we have a spare single in our gaff!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭pourquoi

Anybody going to Trinity? Feel free to PM me and say hi! :)

Congratulations to everybody who got offered a place!

To those who didn't: don't lose faith. If medicine is what you really want to do, you'll figure out a way to get there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Namzi

sillydog10 wrote: »
    Not really, people with lower hpat scores gained the most. Last year I'd have needed 88th to get UCC but this year 84th would have gotten me in. Also, NUIG has always been the lowest of the med colleges..

That could have also played a part I guess. But you have the option of having a slightly higher hpat and lower LC or the opposite. Every other year you needed a really high score in both

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Conly95

Slow Show wrote: »
    The college will contact you about it, if you get First Med you can change pretty easily down to Pre-Med by contacting the Admissions Office. I just checked there and I got the e-mail about allocation on the 29th of August, so I presume around then. :)

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Conly95

If anyone here is looking at accommodation in Galway and they need an extra person let me know cause I have nothing sorted, cheers ! :)

That could have also played a part I guess. But you have the option of having a slightly higher hpat and lower LC or the opposite. Every other year you needed a really high score in both
    Eh not really, an 85th as well as 550 was always more than enough to see you off to Galway anyways which isn't that high in the grand scheme. You're right though, the scores needed are a few points less than usual but that's probably to do with the fact that a lot less people sat the exam this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jjC123

Congratulations to everyone who got their course, who will I be seeing in first med in Galway? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 dreamer33

I got offered RCSI which was my first choice so I'm delighted :D Just wondering what everyone is doing for accommodation? Or does anyone want to look for somewhere together?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

dreamer33 wrote: »
    I got offered RCSI which was my first choice so I'm delighted :D Just wondering what everyone is doing for accommodation? Or does anyone want to look for somewhere together?

As a student who looked for accommodation in Dublin this year, my advice would be to get on it STAT if you're looking to rent privately. Matter of hours rather than days. The city's experiencing a MAJOR shortage, and the sooner you get on it, the better! Not to be a downer but it's just the reality.. :/ Best of luck with it.

Edit: Also, if you're unfamiliar with Dublin, feel free to give me a shout! Having scoured around in LOTS of different places before finding accommodation, I've a decent grasp of what certain areas are like. Feeling safe and sound when walking home at night really does make a difference to your experience of college :)

comeclosa wrote: »
    As a student who looked for accommodation in Dublin this year, my advice would be to get on it STAT if you're looking to rent privately. Matter of hours rather than days. The city's experiencing a MAJOR shortage, and the sooner you get on it, the better! Not to be a downer but it's just the reality.. :/ Best of luck with it.

Edit: Also, if you're unfamiliar with Dublin, feel free to give me a shout! Having scoured around in LOTS of different places before finding accommodation, I've a decent grasp of what certain areas are like. Feeling safe and sound when walking home at night really does make a difference to your experience of college :)

Thanks. My main issue is that I don't know anyone going to RCSI, and I would prefer to be with students to get to know people. I'm sure there are other people in the same boat, so maybe some people might like to get together and look for a place. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Just making sure, if you are happy with your LC result(2014) you can just repeat the hpat and reapply to CAO right?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Header15

Predicted final round offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

5 year programme RCSI anyone? :D

woopah92 wrote: »
    5 year programme RCSI anyone? :D

Me!! :D Excited but nervous at the same time. I have no idea what I'm doing for accommodation yet though. Do you know what you're doing yet? :)

Me!! :D Excited but nervous at the same time. I have no idea what I'm doing for accommodation yet though. Do you know what you're doing yet? :)

Friends! PM me and we can get started adding each other of facebook early :P
    Not yet! I'm heading up to Dublin tomorrow (again) to look for places!

Friends! PM me and we can get started adding each other of facebook early :P
    Not yet! I'm heading up to Dublin tomorrow (again) to look for places!

I sent you a PM there! :)

How is everyone set for college?

I sent you a PM there! :)

How is everyone set for college?

I've yet to receive this PM. :(

• Advertisement

I've yet to receive this PM. :(

Sorry, it mustn't have sent! Will send another now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 galpal123

No accommodation at all sorted for NUIG, unexpected offer received this morning. Anyone in the same boat? :(

galpal123 wrote: »
    No accommodation at all sorted for NUIG, unexpected offer received this morning. Anyone in the same boat? :(

Contact the campus accommodations for cancellations, I have to cancel my place and I'm sure there are loads of people who chose not to go to Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 D3MAND

Does medicine ever drop in final offers?

galpal123 wrote: »

Exact same boat. Might try ringing campus accomodation

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ayshan

2 points off NUIG guys -_- Any idea if it will drop on the second round offers?
    And congrats to everyone who got a place this year :) You should all be very proud!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mog57

jjC123 wrote: »
    Exact same boat. Might try ringing campus accomodation

Guys - I'm the same - I'm from Meath, so no chance of me commuting :L At the moment it's looking like I'll be pitching a tent in Eyre Square!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cian casey

Does anyone know what the procedure is for applying for halls in Trinity ?? :/

It'd probably be easier to find a house to rent out. But you'd need a few people together. Any RCSI meds want to find me a house and live with me? :'(

• Advertisement

Any Galway meds looking to band together for a house hunt? PM me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement