Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Pavilion Startup Screen

Options
  • 26-10-2012 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

I've just done a clean XP Pro install on a HP Pavilion & it went just as it should have & once at the Desktop the machine is running the finest.

My problem relates to the startup time. When I start the machine it posts the BIOS splash screen & then goes to a black screen with a white incremental bar across the bottom of the screen, it takes ages for it to pass this stage but when it does eventually pass that stage the Windows welcome screen appears and XP boots up to desktop at the speed you'd expect after a fresh install.

What is that black screen with the white progress bar across the bottom? & can I do anything about how long it takes to pass that stage?

This is a picture I found online and it's exactly what I'm seeing

BlackScreenWhiteProgressBar.jpg

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement