Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere sell pulled pork?

Options
  • 26-10-2012 2:06am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭

Either restaurants or market stalls. I thought that Creole place might but apparently not.

Want to try it but balls to making it myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 danzdan

Either restaurants or market stalls. I thought that Creole place might but apparently not.

Want to try it but balls to making it myself.

At the Connacht matches, by creole. It's a pulled pork poboy with mushrooms and onions with bbq sauce in a petit delice baguette. 6 euro nom nom nom! ;). Slow cooked for 14 hours. also they do beef brisket. Next match on the 3rd November. Nothing like a pint of beer , a pulled pork poboy and a good game of rugby. Arrrrrr!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Beef brisket at the rugby, could ye be any more middle class :D

Not sure if I cba watching the egg chasing, maybe you could fling one over the wall to me like a line-out?

Strange though, there's always a que at the stand, fuddy duddys rubbing elbows with us workin class types. Lol. ;) you can't beat the brisket. Unless ya fancy fois gras with summer truffle with a drizzling of a vintage Chardonnay jus in your baguette. 25 euro a baguette please. Lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

danzdan wrote: »
    At the Connacht matches, by creole. It's a pulled pork poboy with mushrooms and onions with bbq sauce in a petit delice baguette. 6 euro nom nom nom! ;). Slow cooked for 14 hours. also they do beef brisket. Next match on the 3rd November. Nothing like a pint of beer , a pulled pork poboy and a good game of rugby. Arrrrrr!!!!

Nice advertising there Dan, ha!

I know, I love Connaught rugby. Lol ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I think they do a pulled pork starter and main course in the the Mill House restaurant down in the Bridge Mills.

My friend had it and he loved it.

danzdan wrote: »
    I know, I love Connaught rugby. Lol ;)

you should tell them lads in the van that if they offered the pulled pork or brisket in something like big blaa I'd take hand and all, and if they were to to something like a proper new orleans style soft shell crab or shrimp po'boy I'd pay entry fee to the game just to get at the fecking sambos!

Also, if they sold them in the shop during the day I'd be a regular.
    Love pulled pork and brisket.

Nice little BBQ platter (brisket, pulled pork, hot links) with some bread to stuff it into and a side of corn bread and a few different sauces to suit your taste and I'd be in heaven!

So Creole do it in a stand at the rugby but not in their own restaurant? Isn't that a bit odd

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Ive seen quite a bit of pulled pork late on in the Quays.

So Creole do it in a stand at the rugby but not in their own restaurant? Isn't that a bit odd

Not really, they dont do sambos at all in the restaurant and traditionally pulled pork and brisket are served in bread.

• Advertisement

CPs is usually a good bet, since its a pig farm in there most of the time.

• Subscribers Posts: 171 ✭✭Night Falls

Alchemy on Forster street do a pulled pork blaa sandwich. Just after having one myself there, actually. Very tasty.

Alchemy on Forster street do a pulled pork blaa sandwich. Just after having one myself there, actually. Very tasty.

ha, poifect, on my way into town and all... very tempting!

How much?

8.50. A little bit pricey but it is really good. MUCH better than the bog-standard stuff you'd get in the likes of mocha beans or wherever. Filling too, comes with homemade slaw and the likes.

8.50. A little bit pricey but it is really good. MUCH better than the bog-standard stuff you'd get in the likes of mocha beans or wherever. Filling too, comes with homemade slaw and the likes.

What exctly am I getting for €8.50?

And is there slaw in the sambo?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭beeintheknow

A bitter man, who is haunted by his lack of success of the shifting front :(

RIP CPS

A bitter man, who is haunted by his lack of success of the shifting front :(

RIP CPS

No, a man who thinks CP's was a ****hole what was rammed to the rafters with tangoed miss piggy look-a-likes.

I'd say he's spot on.

Seaneh wrote: »
    What exctly am I getting for €8.50?

And is there slaw in the sambo?:eek:
    There is indeed slaw in the sambo. Not the normal type mind, a homemade variety that really works with the pork (not really a foodie so can't really describe it too well). Can't remember what else is in it, and I got it as take away so not sure what it comes with if you're eating in. Worth a try at least.

Salw, in a pulled pork sambo?
    No deal.

I'm out.

d0025595-c086-414f-8ed1-779d689c09ef.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭beeintheknow

No, a man who thinks CP's was a ****hole what was rammed to the rafters with tangoed miss piggy look-a-likes.

I'd say he's spot on.

Another man whose advances were spurned by the discerning ladies of Galway. How sad. There is someone out there for everyone. Chin up bro.

• Advertisement

Another man whose advances were spurned by the discerning ladies of Galway. How sad. There is someone out there for everyone. Chin up bro.

Tell your auld wan I said I'll see here tomorrow in the Sp'arch.

xoxox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

blaa sandwich..

What! How can a real blaa exist outside Waterford???:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Creole do have bbq pulled pork!!

560301_433952376665419_2029307247_n.jpg

inisboffin wrote: »
    What! How can a real blaa exist outside Waterford???:p

Some of the waterford bakeries are selling them parbaked (kinda like cuisine de france) to places outside waterford, the two "main" blaa bakeries are doing it as far as I know.

I had one a few weeks in dublin and it tasted perfect to be honest.

Creole do have bbq pulled pork!!

560301_433952376665419_2029307247_n.jpg

that could be a good deal.

Hope it's not served like in the flyer though.

Hope it's not just Miller they are giving as the beer with it...

*puke*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Meant to try the one in Alchemy, will do soon. Nice little place.

Always wanted to start a food truck that did sandwiches, nothing like a pulled pork sambo, when I lived in the states you couldnt spit but for finding one.

that could be a good deal.

Hope it's not served like in the flyer though.

Hope it's not just Miller they are giving as the beer with it...

*puke*
    Hope there's more than 5 chips too.

"Handcut" chips, that's another thing that pisses me off. I don't care how my chips are cut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Pardon? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

kinetic wrote: »
    Ive seen quite a bit of pulled pork late on in the Quays.

I came in to make this joke :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement