Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

never played assassins creed before will it be ok to jump right into part 3

• 26-10-2012 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭

Wanna get the new assassins creed next week cannot get the money to buy the other 4 games so thinking of just hopping right into this new one

Will i be ok or do you have to know the story i played parts of the 1st one and found it enoyable but kinda dragged

I understand the series has improved leaps and bounds since that 1st game
    This new one looks amazing from the clips iv watched on youtube

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

There's a story?

I've no idea about the game being good or not but no, not particularly necessary to know the plot I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

In my opinion for Assassins Creed you absolutely need to know the story. The series has one of the most elaborate stories of this console generation.

If you can't afford to play the previous games then I highly recommend watching all the story scenes on YouTube or reading a wiki. If you can find a way to play them then I suggest playing ACII and then Brotherhood (best in the series). You can skip Revelations to avoid burnout.

But definitely do your self a favour and catch up on the story before ACIII.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

A wiki?

How boring.

Read the TV Tropes pages instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Its not that i cant afford it but theres like 4 games to play before reaching the new one i think i would be burnt out by the time i reached AC 3 lol

Plus being new means ac3 would be extra fresh for me a brand new experiance

I think i will look at the story vids from youtube to get the gist of whats going on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Play AC2, and Brotherhood imo. Watch/read up on 1 and Revelations

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

AC2 is actually well worth playing. I'd play it, read the rest of the story, and get AC3 in a while when the price comes down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPwI7JEXRIc&feature=relmfu

Gamespots been doing a run down recently of all the stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

I'd seriously think about playing AC2 or Brotherhood, I've played them all some of them twice and I still can't keep up with the story so I imagine just going straight for AC3 would get very confusing. Maybe avoid the first one, the controls aren't great and its very frustrating at times because it wasn't as free flowing and responsive as the most recent titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I've found after playing each of the games I was burnt out on the format and defo wouldn't have been able to play the games back to back at all. Having said that I do tend to 100% the games.

Watch a story synopsis on YouTube of the series so far. Then when ur done with AC3 you can always go back to the other games. They'll nearly all be cheap as chips at this stage.

Advertisement