Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

App Store - Paid Apps prices have ALL gone up

• 26-10-2012 3:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭

Apple have raised prices in the App Store across Europe overnight - Ireland included. The 79c and €1.59 price points are a thing of the past (now 89c and €1.79 respectively).

I notice for example that Ryanair's App has gone from €2.99 to €3.59 - that's a fairly hefty jump!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Wasn't this announced a while ago? Or was it the UK price hike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Anyone know, who is getting the extra money? Is it the developers or Apple? If the developers are getting nothing extra out of this then I think I will be finished with ios products.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

As I said in the other thread, these price increases are due to changes in the value of the Euro and VAT. Apple have always kept international prices roughly in sync with US prices. That includes dropping prices when the Euro is strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

As I said in the other thread, these price increases are due to changes in the value of the Euro and VAT. Apple have always kept international prices roughly in sync with US prices. That includes dropping prices when the Euro is strong.

But Apps are not hardware and they are not developed by Apple. Apple only host them on their servers. I can understand them putting up the prices for hardware as that is out of their control. To me this comes across as Apple taking advantage of the exchange rate to push up app prices, and that pisses me off especially if the developers get nothing out of this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Developers get 60 percent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

jester77 wrote: »
    But Apps are not hardware and they are not developed by Apple. Apple only host them on their servers. I can understand them putting up the prices for hardware as that is out of their control. To me this comes across as Apple taking advantage of the exchange rate to push up app prices, and that pisses me off especially if the developers get nothing out of this.
    Developers get 60 percent.

Apple's contract with developers is that apple takes 30% and the developer gets 70%, regardless if the price was 1c or €1,000,000

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

TBH, it doesnt really affect me at the moment, 95% of my apps are free anyway.

this argument is kinda moot...

pay lots to buy phone sim free or tie into an extortionate contact, complain about buying a micro purchase of 89c.

Apple's contract with developers is that apple takes 30% and the developer gets 70%, regardless if the price was 1c or €1,000,000
    In Europe the split is 60/40 because of VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NaTaRz

Even in app purchases have gone up and actually cost more than the app itself , I had enough to buy an in app purchase and now I can't :( stupid prices :(

• Advertisement

NaTaRz wrote: »
    Even in app purchases have gone up and actually cost more than the app itself , I had enough to buy an in app purchase and now I can't :( stupid prices :(
    that makes no sense?

the lowest price for an app is now 89c and lowest in-app purchase is now 89c.

in-app purchases always cost either the same as the app (app was 79c, in-app was 79c), lower than the app (if the app was like 2.99) or more expensive (app was free, in-app 79c.

Advertisement