Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tethering Galaxy Mini

• 26-10-2012 4:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭

This has been bugging me for ages and cant find any solutions online, so hopefully you fabulous folk can help.

Ive been trying to tether my galaxy mini to my laptop, everything is set up on the phone as it should be, the internet connection name appears in the networks on the laptop and it connects, but once I click into the internet that little caution sign appears over the internet access icon and wont let me access the internet. Ive tried looking through my firewall but I dont know what I should be looking for, i'm not too great at this stuff.

Anyone have this problem? Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

What way are you trying to tether? Did you try using it as a wireless hotspot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Noo

griffdaddy wrote: »
    What way are you trying to tether? Did you try using it as a wireless hotspot?

Yeah i did. The laptop can find the phone and connect to the network, and I've followed all steps I've found online and stuff, so i think it may be a problem with the firewall not allowing internet access from the connection. But as i said Im not that good at his stuff so i don't know what to be switching off.

Advertisement