Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's YOUR password?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Are people named Ashley and Michael really using their own names as passwords? Or is it girls who fancy guys with that name? So either they are really dumb or really hot....

It could be the best or worst name for your kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

My gf's password is her first name and her full phone number.

Unbelievable, Geoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I have a German word :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

Gamayun wrote: »
    Apparently a longer password is better than a complex one. So ireallylikepoptartsido is better than Sv_tU%# . Something to do with the hack bots not recognising words, Also it's easier to remember/type.
    nope, the first password exampel there is actualy easier to crack as itd use a dictionary attack method,itd compare it against a godforsakenly huge txt file of words from the dictionary.
    the other uses blind brute force,even though its shorter its actualy a lot more difficult to crack and woud take a very,very,very long time,unless the person was amazingly overcome with desperation to get into the account-they woud not leave their computer on for the length oftime itd need to crack that.

the best password to use is one which includes a bit of everything,capitals, lowercase,special characters,numbers etc-for the best security dont use any words in it or birth dates and with websites which ask for special questions for passwords to be resent/reminders, spoil the answers with a complex list of crap because people can easily d0x or socialy engineer the answers out of a person without them realising.
    -am a half arsd hobby hacker/penetration tester,against blackhatism though.

I never remember passwords for infrequently used sites, I just hit the "reset my password" button,

Wait for the reset email and go to the site, shove in a random text string and log in.

A few weeks/months later I repeat the process

Advertisement