Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever used "Perfect Balance Ireland" (massage)?

Options
  • 26-10-2012 5:11am

Hey all,

A not so good with computers Friend got in touch with me earlier and asked me about buying from Groupon. Linked me to a deal he wanted to get (it's for a friend of his, a woman, but I'm trying to keep the thread simple).

Anyway, I looked at it and, as per being a wary git in general, found it surprising that they seem to have run a lot of deals with Groupon and BoardsDeals over the last year or so, but there doesn't seem to be anyone online offering an opinion of their services (or at least not that I can see, anyway).

Their website looks basic (even has the "Just another Wordpress site" tag in a Google search). Was wondering if anyone used them or could recommend them? Not familiar with their location in Dublin, but it looks like a house according to Google Images.

This is the deal he linked me to;

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin/perfect-balance-ireland/12048562

Anyone any experience, good, bad or indifferent?

(apologies if this is the wrong forum by the way, wasn't sure where else it could go).

Cheers :)

Comments

No one at all?

Jaysus, this is a strange business! :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Businesses like that will rarely have many reviews - they rely on word of mouth not so much word of the internet. If you can't find anything negative that's probably a good thing, people are more likely to post negative reviews than positive ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

Resurrecting this thread. I bought a groupon for my wife recently and she went along yesterday. She had an awful experience.

1. Its basically an office. Not a spa-like place.
    2. Male masseurs only.
    3. The one she had did not speak very good english.
    4. Hands were rough as nails.
    5. Did not listen to her when she had specifically requested certain things to be taken into account (pregnancy/fertility related).
    6. Very rough and unpleasant and amateurish techniques.

All in all it was a complete waste of money. A lesson in if you pay peanuts you get monkeys. An hour of a properly qualified masseur in pleasant surroundings costs more than 30 euro's. She was less relaxed walking out of the place than when she walked in and would have stopped the massage after 15 minutes and left it only she did not know how much it cost me.

Beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 myjacobson

Hi there I was surprised to see this thread when i was looking for the contact details for this place, I couldn't believe that it was the same place that I had been to before. My mother has been going for massages there for atleast a year at this stage as she has arthritis. The place was recommended to her by a friend so she tried them out and now goes every week as they run a really good deal themselves. I go with her too when I'm back home in Ireland and I have been for my fair share of good and bad (usually hotel spas...the 'feather' technique I like to call it!!) and this place is on the other end of the spectrum regarding the quality of the service. I'm currently studying physiotherapy and I'm fairly active so I usually get a sports or deep tissue massage and I thought the techniques they used were spot on, even things like joint mobility and stretching which I've never gotten in other places I've gone to. Plus with my mothers arthritis I wouldn't be happy if it wasn't being treated correctly and I haven't heard one complaint from her since she started going here (which believe me is unusual for my mother....even if it was just the handsoap in the toilets!!) There are female therapists working there although I usually prefer a male to be honest but that's just a personal preference. Maybe they offer a difference service if you come through one of the deal sites, we usually get the owners of the business who I would have no hesitation in recommending and I suppose maybe they have more of vested interest in getting and keeping clients as opposed to someone working there who will get paid regardless so maybe you need to be aware of that if going there. I'm booked in with them next weekend for some post exam relief so I'll mention the post incase they want to defend themselves as it sounds like a world away from the experience I have had with the place, but it is the service industry and everyone will have a difference of opinion....

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

that was her experience on the day, the guy did not know what he was doing. She said the hall was packed with people clutching groupon voucher printouts, so maybe they just had a bad day and had some ameteurish people doing the massage that day. Still, could a qualified masseuse really offer an hour long massage for 30 euro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ozzyboy30

I often go to perfect balance.Calin is good, very strong and gets the knots out . he has done wonders for my back. My gf has come twice and has found perfect balance very good-- they are professional and give a good massage. It's not a spa.. its a clean room and very good value'enjoy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Maybe it has changed since the question was raised a year ago or the last post 3 months back!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

jackal wrote: »
    Still, could a qualified masseuse really offer an hour long massage for 30 euro?
    THe deal was €29, groupon usually take 50%, yes 50%, so they actually are only getting €14.50.

They give it cheap hoping for a return visit. Also these places might be empty otherwise, so 14.50 might be better than nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Maybe it has changed since the question was raised a year ago or the last post 3 months back!:rolleyes:

aren't you surprised by the number os posts they have? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    aren't you surprised by the number os posts they have? ;)

Oh I was way ahead of you there!

• Advertisement
Advertisement