Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fruit picking/ Farm work Queensland

Options
  • 26-10-2012 7:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all,

I'm currently working as a WWOOFer in Queensland and I've almost half my regional work done. Now I need to find some paid farm work for the second half but I'm finding it next to impossible to find anything. I've checked Gumtree, rang the harvest number (several times) and rang a few contacts I got from some WWOOF hosts but no luck! Does anyone have any contacts or know of any locations in Queensland (I'm 3 hrs north of Brisbane at the mo) where there is paid farm work available that counts towards the 2nd year visa?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Loulou1000 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm currently working as a WWOOFer in Queensland and I've almost half my regional work done. Now I need to find some paid farm work for the second half but I'm finding it next to impossible to find anything. I've checked Gumtree, rang the harvest number (several times) and rang a few contacts I got from some WWOOF hosts but no luck! Does anyone have any contacts or know of any locations in Queensland (I'm 3 hrs north of Brisbane at the mo) where there is paid farm work available that counts towards the 2nd year visa?

Thanks in advance :)
    Try Bundaberg area perhaps. You really do need to be in position to start immediately rather than a voice at the end of a telephone.

Although if your WWOOF work was ok I'd stick with that, you make precious little out of farm work that doesn't end up wasted on food and drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Im in Bundaberg now looking for work. Ill let you know if I find anything decent

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Loulou1000

Ok, thanks for the advice guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

My advice - stay well clear of Bundaberg. Its a dump

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Starburst85

Hello there,

I've just noticed this on an email advert I receive: Its packing wine in a winery in Cairns which qualifies for second year visa:

The link is:

http://my.tntdownunder.com/job/107/wine-packing

Hope this works for you :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement