Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Keypad on Alarm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

The first thing that I will have to point out to you is convenice and security do not always go toghether. However if it means that the system will be used then go for it.

The Aritech CS350 control panel is no longer made and it does not have a suitable input which a standalone type remote receiver unit could connect onto.

I would recommend that you consider replacing your panel with something like a HKC 10/70 Panel. This panel provides a wireless infastructure which will allow for the operation of hand held fobs.
    The great thing about HKC's fobs is that in order to switch off the system you have to input a code onto the fob itself. This can be usefull if your fob is on a keyring with your house keys, from a security point of view as well.
    Ball park I would reckon a decent licensed installer would be charging approx €300- €400, depending on of course what else may have to be done to get your system operating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

kub wrote: »
    The Aritech CS350 control panel is no longer made and it does not have a suitable input which a standalone type remote receiver unit could connect onto.
    You can program one of the zones as a keyswitch and use a single channel visonic wireless receiver and fob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

But would that not be awkward to use as he'd get no confirmation for part set

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DI Dwyer

Ronan ... the pain will be greater if your house is broken into and your alarm isn't in use... your insurance co wont like it!.. assuming you have told them your house has an alarm fitted....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Jnealon wrote: »
    You can program one of the zones as a keyswitch and use a single channel visonic wireless receiver and fob

My memory must be fading, I thought it was HKC's that had that input. Still what are the chances of a spare zone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

CS350 had that option as well. I'm not a fan of an open / close pair being able to disarm an alarm.

Advertisement