Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

457 visa query

Options
  • 26-10-2012 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Has anyone come across this situation? My girlfriend got a job and was sponsored on 457 visa, she was given start date. When she turned up for work they said there was delay in her registration (teacher) and now they say she can start in 4 weeks. So she is locked in to 457 and no money for 4 weeks. Considering she did not have to show proof of funds as she had a job when entering Australia. So does her employers have any responsibility that she simply does not starve ;) seems to me there is mess up somewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Hey all,

Has anyone come across this situation? My girlfriend got a job and was sponsored on 457 visa, she was given start date. When she turned up for work they said there was delay in her registration (teacher) and now they say she can start in 4 weeks. So she is locked in to 457 and no money for 4 weeks. Considering she did not have to show proof of funds as she had a job when entering Australia. So does her employers have any responsibility that she simply does not starve ;) seems to me there is mess up somewhere.
    Whose business was it to sort out her registration? In general it's not your employer who ensure that you have the registrations/qualifications you need to ply your trade; it's you.

Advertisement