Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 7 16 GB Vs 32 GB

• 26-10-2012 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

So with all the rumours that it's pretty much guranteed that the N7 32 GB is going to be announced on Monday, I just wanted your opinions and advice on what to do.

I really wanted to get the 16 GB and wanted to pick it up today, however, with all this news of the 32 GB, I'm just wondering if the extra 16 GB will make a real world of difference to me.

I've a few devices including an SIII, iPhone 4S, iPad and all of them have never been up to the limit of their sizes (8GB, 32GB and 16GB respectively), i.e. I've never really had any space issues with them.

I normally don't like clutter on devices, i.e. apps I don't use, I'll normally just remove as I find it hard to find exactly what I'm looking for.

I don't really know what I'm going to be using the N7 for but just like the iPad I have, I know there is a good chance it'll come in handy at times.

Music will be a big use I presume but I only put songs I listen to regularly on it, circa 3 GB max. Games are hit and miss, I'd say I'd play a few, but at the same time, I wouldn't have much time to it, so it wouldn't be like I'd have more than 5 games on it.

Just wanted to hear your opinions as to if I should wait it out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Unless you're filling it with HD movies I don't see the point. Aside from my Desire I've never ran out of space. I now have an S3 and nexus 7.

The only thing that may interest you is the 32GB 3G version which will be ~£250

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Personally I'd wait. Even if you never use that much memory, it's going to be double the 16gb at the exact same price. Additionally, the 16gb should be dropping in price so there's that to think about to. The announcement is going to be on Monday anyway and the tablets arn't going to disappear so you might as well wait till the announcment I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

the problem is even if a price drop is announced on Monday how long will it take for retailers over here to get in line?

More space for the same price is always better :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

nedd wrote: »
    the problem is even if a price drop is announced on Monday how long will it take for retailers over here to get in line?

More space for the same price is always better :-)

Good point that even though they announce it, they'll still need to roll it out, either way, I bit the bullet at lunch time, I think I'll be grand, I've never come close to filling any of my devices in the past anyway. I guess I'll worry about the limit when I hit it! :)

Thanks or the replies, now to check out what's what.

There's a lot of big threads in here, anyone want to give me a run down of tips/hints/must have apps? I'm already familiar with Android, having the SIII and numerous HTC's prior, but put down anything you think is relevant!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭NANOJO

hi i picked up the 16gb today in hmv for 209 a drop of 30 euros

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I'm in London at the moment. Loads of places have the 32gb for £199 but they won't sell it to me. I'm going to try again tomorrow though. Everywhere here bar cpw has the 16gb dropped to £169.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Looks like this is all going to happen fairly quickly - 32GB units seem to have already shipped here in the UK so they'll be on general sale by Monday evening or Tuesday morning.

Hopefully they will have plenty of stock to keep up with demand this time. A HDMI connector would be nice but I'm guessing it will just be extra storage space at the same £200/€250 price as before. Still great value for a quality tablet - £150 cheaper for a 32GB nexus than a 32GB ipad mini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Yeah, they said in PC world Tuesday is when they are going on sale. HMV said they won't have stock until 1st November.

Advertisement