Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland ATM Yes/No advert causing mega-confusion

Options
  • 26-10-2012 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Morning,

Bank of Ireland have changed the ATM process, and before you are asked what amount of money you want to withdraw you're shown an advert. This is new, normally the advert is between choosing the money and it coming out of the machine (so you'd be waiting a moment anyways).

But this is now different, because the advert (Life Insurance I think) is asking you if you want more information on the Product, prompting you to choose the lower left button or right button for Yes/No. If you don't press a button the advert does not go away, and not only that, the options are designed into the ad.

This is hugely confusing and deeply disruptive to the process of extracting money.

It resulted in a serious amount of confusion on my end, a process which normally takes 30 seconds took me two minutes this morning, and I didn't even end up getting any money in the end.

What's the story BoI, why are you adding such annoying and confusing adverts into your ATM process for your customers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi david7.

Many thanks for your feedback.

As part of our commitment to making banking more accessible and convenient to all our customers and potential customers, we have introduced interactive marketing campaigns in a small number of our ATM's. This gives the customer the opportunity to express an interest in a particular product by inputting their contact details and a follow call can then be made to take the customer through the details of the offering. This new service is currently being tested and as always we appreciate the feedback.

We apologise for any inconvenience and review all feedback with the intention of improving our customers experience when using our ATM's.

Thanks for getting in touch.
    Laura

Advertisement