Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make and Do with Mary Fitzgerald - v2012

Options
  • 26-10-2012 10:46am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone ever actually paint any part of their stick. I want an orange bezel for my stick but Madcatz wont ship outside of the US and A?

So had the brainwave of painting my red one orange :pac::pac::pac:

Anyone with any xp with this? I presume it's a case of cleaning it, adding primer, painting and applying a sealing coat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

What you want is a plastic bonding paint e.g. Krylon Fusion or Colorbond Restore.
    It chemically bonds with the plastic, and no priming is needed other than a soap wash. You also keep the original texture with this.
    And finally, it's touch-dry within <1hr.

Best place to look is a car parts shop, e.g. Halfords.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    What you want is a plastic bonding paint e.g. Krylon Fusion or Colorbond Restore.
    It chemically bonds with the plastic, and no priming is needed other than a soap wash. You also keep the original texture with this.
    And finally, it's touch-dry within <1hr.

Best place to look is a car parts shop, e.g. Halfords.

Kiki. Legend. Thank you.

Make sure to get some good quality masking tape & duct tape too (layering the duct tape over masking) -- once you change the colour, it's permanent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Make sure to get some good quality masking tape & duct tape too (layering the duct tape over masking) -- once you change the colour, it's permanent.

Haha too late. Third coat on. It's looking really nice. Perfect orange.

Thanks again Kiki.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

Sorry FutureGuy, I just saw this thread now. If you go to Gameshark.net and select UK at the top right, I think you can buy the custom Madcatz bezels.

Here is a link to the bezels page on Gameshark.net (UK store which do ship to Ireland):

http://store.gameshark.net/Fight_Sticks-Parts-Bezels/303

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »

Haha too late. Third coat on. It's looking really nice. Perfect orange.

Thanks again Kiki.
    Cool beans, put up pics when it's done. :)

Advertisement