Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average cost of ESB for 2 months for two people?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Xpletiv,

Are these night storage heaters? If so, there may be a problem with the clock. Try switching them off, turning the dial to low and switching one on. Assuming it is working correctly it will charge that night. Repeat the process for the other(s). It could be a time switch issue but try these tests first.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Two people, two bedroom apartment - around 90-100 every two months and it's pretty stable across the whole year. While we have gas heating and hot water, we have a host of electric stuff always on - two or three computers that are up 24/7/365.

An interesting thing is that my bill was around 85-90 when I was living alone and it only went up a few Euro when my girlfriend moved in - the only difference being her hairdryer/straightener use, since I already cooked daily and used the dryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Hi Xpletiv,

Are these night storage heaters? If so, there may be a problem with the clock. Try switching them off, turning the dial to low and switching one on. Assuming it is working correctly it will charge that night. Repeat the process for the other(s). It could be a time switch issue but try these tests first.

Regards,
    Una

I dont know what the difference between night storage is and normal, so I assume they are normal. There is no clock anywhere that I can find about the radiators, and even so, flicking it off at the mains should deactivate it!

Also, regards to what above said; I dont cook every day, in fact Im not there often as I work 5 days a week and 4 nights a week in college, so im on the move all the time, and all other time pretty much not in the house.

More I think about it more I think ive either a dodgy meter or paying someone elses bill. I think perhaps a technician should be sent out to look into this.

Advertisement