Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't log out!

Options
  • 26-10-2012 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

just looking for advice, since a few days ago the drop down thingy beside my username in the righthand corner of the screen stopped showing up, so essentially I've been unable to log out. At all! :eek:

Whenever I click on my username these days, it just takes me to another page of my profile instead of displaying the drop-down. What's that about, any ideas? Thank you! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Have you blocked Javascript? Does the menu drop down work at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭seenitall

Hi,

no, the drop down menu doesn't show up at all (as it used to) when I click on my username. Although the drop-down arrow symbol is still there, to the right of my username. As I said, it just takes me straight to another page of my profile (the followed threads page).

Er... blocked Javascript... what?! (I'm useless with computers, I must've messed things up somehow!)

What should I do next?

Thanks!

Can you visit http://www.boards.ie/diagnostics and copy everything on that page into a post here :)

Danny

Diagnostics Page

Your System

IP Address:
    Operating System: Windows Vista
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C) SPOENB/1.0
    Your Browser

Javascript Enabled: Yes No
    Cookies Enabled: Yes
    Java Enabled: No Warning: JavaScript must be enabled.
    Flash Version: 11.4 r402 installed Warning: JavaScript must be enabled.
    Your Resolution

Screen: 1280 x 800 Warning: JavaScript must be enabled.
    Current Browser: 1280 x 615 Warning: JavaScript must be enabled.
    Colour: 24 bit Warning: JavaScript must be enabled.
    Our Server

Date/Time: Friday 26th of October 2012, 16:20:14
    Name: www2.boards.ie (pops)
    LocalStorage

LS/SS Enabled: Yes Warning: JavaScript must be enabled.
    Followed Forums: Warning: JavaScript must be enabled.
    []
    User Details

Username: seenitall
    User ID: 321278
    Moderator: No

Your browser does not have Javascript Enabled, this is also why you cannot see the dropdown when you hover over your username and why you cannot see the dropdowns when you over over the menu at the top of the page (The ones with Boards.ie, Adverts.ie, Arts, Biz etc).

Please visit this page - http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/javascript-settings-for-interactive-web-pages - to find out how to enable Javascript for your browser (Firefox).

I should also point out to you that you are running Firefox 3.6, they are up on Firefox 17 now. It might not be a bad idea to upgrade your browser - see here for more details about how to do that.

Danny

• Advertisement

Hi Danny,

I've gone onto that page and followed the instructions (going into "Tools", then "Options", and then "Enable Javascript" - but it was already ticked?). Anyway, then I clicked OK, but the problem is still here - no dropdown. How can that be? :(

Thank you for the link on updating Firefox!

Are you using any Firefox plugins (e.g. NoScript)?

Hi,

sorry about the delay, I was trying to figure out about plug-ins (mainly by asking other people but I should have just googled it - d'oh!). It turns out I have lots of plug-ins: Adobe Acrobat, Google Earth, Google Update, iTunes App Detector, Microsoft Office Live Plug-in for Firefox, Microsoft Windows Media Player Firefox, Move Media Player, Mozilla Default Plug-in, Quick Time Plug-in and a few more. Tell me if you want the rest of the list. (None of the other ones have either Firefox or NoScript in the title.)

Thanks!

Well the basic problem is that Javascript is disabled in your browser. I cannot really help much further than that, it's a problem with your browser or a plugin and not really a site issue.

I can suggest various things like recreating your Firefox profile, reinstalling Firefox or trying another browser like Google Chrome if you cannot get Javascript enabled. I can tell you that having Javascript enabled allows you to get the best Boards.ie experience :)

To log out of Boards.ie in the mean time use this link: https://www.boards.ie/auth/logout

Danny

OK, thank you for your help, Danny.

I'll look into reinstalling Firefox I guess.

You can close the thread! :D

• Advertisement

You're very welcome, hope you get it sorted out :)

Danny

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement