Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earplugs in town?

Options
  • 26-10-2012 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can buy earplugs, specifically musicians earplugs? Doesn't have to be fancy custom made ones at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Crowleys music shop McCurtain St., there's another near the GPO towards Parnell Place.
    PS do you hate jazz as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Hahahahah, thanks! Nah I don't, I'll be heading out for some all weekend tbh. The ear plugs are for LOUD gigs (basically anything in Fred's because they mic up the drums.....) and also to protect my ears when I'm playing loud gigs myself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

If you cant make it, try any of the places liek careys they will have the ones the builders use

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Also any pharmacy should have them, not specifically for musicians but it's an easy place to get them if your stuck. Usually get the wax ones from boots, don't like the ear plugs that go right in your ear so the wax ones are handy for just making a seal in the outer ear part, maybe don't block out as much but more comfy for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Earplugs used by motorcyclists are better than the builders ones and less messy than the wax ones. Look for the tapered type not the cylindrical type.
    Might take a look (listen) at the musicians ear-plugs mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

The Vater earplugs are supposedly great but cost €20+ in town (Pro Musica on Oliver Plunkett have them), much better than the foam ones.

However a new shop has opened up on Coburg street dealing in music equipment etc. so maybe try them first. I can't recall the name but I think it used to be a Car stereo shop or something.

Advertisement