Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund on goods issue

Options
  • 26-10-2012 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm going to keep this really brief:

I ordered goods online. They didn't arrive within the specified timeframe (7 - 10 days). I emailed them numerous times requesting the goods. They never arrived. I received automated emails saying my request was being dealt with.

After 30 days of non-receipt of goods I requested a chargeback from my bank... perfectly entitled to do this as I checked with the National Consumer Agency (who were extremely helpful I may add).

Roll on 51 days later. I got a notice from An Post through the letterbox saying they had a package for me in their depot that I needed to go sign for. I hadn't ordered anything online so wondered what it could be. I picked up the parcel, opened it and low and behold my long lost items were in there. However, I'd received a refund for the goods so therefore I no longer could have them even if I wanted them.

Now, the vendor is requesting their money back. I am trying to return the goods but there is no address with the goods, on their website or in any of the automated emails I've received. I've phoned them today and only gotten an answering machine. I need to get these goods back to the vendor...

Anyone any ideas on what I can do. They're based in England. I can find an address that the website / domain is registered to but I'm not sure if it's the same people that own the company.

HELP? I have until the 2 November to return the goods or else my bank have to return the chargeback to them

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Why is the bank going to reverse the chargeback - surely nothing changes with the bank unless you tell them you did receive the goods? Im not sure banks can hand over your money without your explicit permission like that! Why not close the bank account in question?

Why do you want to give the goods back now, do you no longer want them at all because of the delay? Why did you sign for them if you dont want them (presume you just didnt know it was the goods?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

My bank isn't just handing over money - it wants me to explain the situation... that i received them the other day etc etc. They won't do anything without the proper paperwork etc.

I don't want the goods because of the delay. It's 51 days AFTER i ordered them. After 30 I initiated a chargeback to my a/c so I want to keep it that way.

I signed for them because I didn't know what it was. 51 days after the order it's not something I was thinking about. Fecking raging I signed for them now. Should have left the parcel sitting in the depot!

Pippy1976 wrote: »
    My bank isn't just handing over money - it wants me to explain the situation... that i received them the other day etc etc. They won't do anything without the proper paperwork etc.

But they did the chargeback after the 30 days yeah?

So how do they know any different now? Did you tell them you since received the goods?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I don't think Bank can just send money back like that, but maybe contact them and explain, also explain you are arranging for items to be sent back to them.

Contact vendor explain you don't want them any longer so not paying for them, if they want items back they can arrange a courier to pick them up at their cost.

But they did the chargeback after the 30 days yeah?

So how do they know any different now? Did you tell them you since received the goods?

In response: I don't have an issue with the bank here, they're totally on my side and I'm perfectly within my rights.

However, the vendor knows I signed for and picked-up the goods and they are now in my possession (for now, I'm trying to send them back). Therefore, they are claiming I received the goods, I should now pay for them and they want the chargeback re-charged (!) and the funds lodged back to them.

Yes, the chargeback was done a good 32 - 35 days AFTER purchase & non-arrival of goods.

• Advertisement

nava wrote: »
    I don't think Bank can just send money back like that, but maybe contact them and explain, also explain you are arranging for items to be sent back to them.

Contact vendor explain you don't want them any longer so not paying for them, if they want items back they can arrange a courier to pick them up at their cost.

In response, again, I don't have an issue with my bank - they are willing to stand by the decision to give me back my money!!

Do you think I should contact the vendor? I don't want to jeopardise any case / action I may have by jumping the gun and doing this. What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Do you think I should contact the vendor? I don't want to jeopardise any case / action I may have by jumping the gun and doing this. What do you think?

I would, specially as they already contacted you about them, the products are not yours as you got a refund for them, arrange to send them back but vendor should cover the cost.

What's the date in the tracking that item shows as posted, I think vendor posted after refund was issue in the hope to make a sale.

nava wrote: »
    What's the date in the tracking that item shows as posted, I think vendor posted after refund was issue in the hope to make a sale.

The date the goods were sent out is the 21 September. I initially put the order through on the 8 August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Ironic signature given the thread.

In response: I don't have an issue with the bank here, they're totally on my side and I'm perfectly within my rights.

However, the vendor knows I signed for and picked-up the goods and they are now in my possession (for now, I'm trying to send them back). Therefore, they are claiming I received the goods, I should now pay for them and they want the chargeback re-charged (!) and the funds lodged back to them.

Yes, the chargeback was done a good 32 - 35 days AFTER purchase & non-arrival of goods.

Then let the vendor arrange to collect the goods that they sent out in error. Send them an email stating the same.

• Advertisement
Advertisement