Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backing up game

Options
  • 26-10-2012 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I will be upgrading to Windows 8 shortly, want to make sure i don't lose my game, so I was going to copy the save files onto a hard drive just in case. What files am I looking to copy?

(sorry if this is a stupid question...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The whole Sports Interactive folder maybe? That's what I did when I changed laptops and I had no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The contents of "\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\games" should do it, but there's no harm in copying the lot. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

done it recently myself going from work laptop to a PC i put on the long finger for a while...

You'll need to refresh any custom skins. And their might be issue's with custom data packs. so try and get them configured before loading up the saved game you transfer.

Advertisement