Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13 League Season 15 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options
  • 26-10-2012 2:19pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This thread is the main one for discussion on the league - all general chat and banter goes here. Any in the other threads or discussion on the fixtures thread will be removed.

All players please make sure to have thanked the rules sticky.

Details for the league will be sent out tonight via pm around 8pm after the fixtures go up for week one.

People are expected to play in a sporting fashion and anyone found not to be will be removed so that it remains enjoyable for everyone.

That means no blocking keeper kickouts, passing around the back four time wasting and general unsporting behaviour.

If you have a question on any of the rules or format of the league send a pm to myself or Mr Moon.

Good luck to all and enjoy the season!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WhyAlwaysMe

CAn I PLEASE PLEASE JOIN???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Entry closed 2 weeks ago - you also need 50 posts to join. There will be another one starting in about 8 weeks or so if you keep an eye on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Are the fixtures common to all divisions? Also how do you enter the league details? I've never seen that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

I am going to start this thread out in the right tone for once. Good luck to everyone in this years leagues. I look forward to playing you all, hoping for some epic matches!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

No fixtures arent common - check the fixtures thread at the top.

You will get a pm around 8pm with the login details and where to go for the league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Are the fixtures common to all divisions? Also how do you enter the league details? I've never seen that.

Looks like the league option has been removed. Can't find it anywhere. Hopefully I'm wrong though :o

Seems like this could be a possibility which is very annoying - havent heard anything about this before now and its been in every FIFA going back a few years. Im looking into it now and trying to find out what the story is. So not only is the game buggy but they have removed one of the better parts of it :mad:

Edit: Very little about it online, seems EA have been sneaky and just removed it without mentioning it. Not impressed at all, its one of the main reasons I play FIFA for months on end. Sorry folks but EA seem to have shafted us!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

That sucks. Can't we just arrange the matches ourselves though? Online friendlies or something. The table and results were all updated on that other site in Moon's sig anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

osh wrote: »
    That sucks. Can't we just arrange the matches ourselves though? Online friendlies or something. The table and results were all updated on that other site in Moon's sig anyway.

That's possible but you might have people lying about the results and there would be no way to check it. Unless everyone starts taking pictures at the end of each game and posting it here :pac:

osh wrote: »

The tables were updated there but we always had the ability to check results and disconnects etc on the league within fifa. Unfortunately with the amount of bickering that used to go on regarding matches with those in place it would be pretty much impossible to manage without it them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

The only reason I bought Fifa was for the Boards leagues...:mad:

Yeah its really annoying and very sneaky the way they didnt mention it, im sure a lot of people buy it to take part in regular leagues like ours

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

This a non starter then? :(

A total non bickererererer here

• Registered Users Posts: 19,644 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So are we just going to play the games on online friendlies instead or?

For now no - myself and Moon will chat about it over the weekend and come to a decision on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WhyAlwaysMe

but tbh i don't get why they had the friends league on FIFA 12 but not FIFA 13, why are EA taking a step back? I find this pretty ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,614 ✭✭✭Trampas

it is pretty sad that some people can't play fair without the proper league

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Axwell wrote: »
    For now no - myself and Moon will chat about it over the weekend and come to a decision on it.

Any update for us today Axwell?

We will be going ahead with it as is through head to head matches but we have to put up some rules etc beforehand on how things are going to be done. We will start properly tomorrow once we have them posted up.

We will give it a go this way seen as we have to but be warned any nonsense from anyone and they will be kicked. The onus is on people to play more so than ever in a sporting manner and not ruin the league for other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Great to hear, would be a shame to let it end. I think we'd all have had a few choice words for Rutter!

• Advertisement

He and EA got a tweet off me Friday night about it and then I posted a few on their facebook page but they have ignored it. So tagged them and posted again to see if they will bother responding. Most annoyed by the fact they hid they removed it and people went and paid for the game only then to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is it cool that me and winstonpayne played a online game already it finished 1-1 we used the online squads and 6 mins same as the league really if its not counted ill gladly play again I'm Chelsea and he's United in the Prem by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Is it cool that me and winstonpayne played a online game already it finished 1-1 we used the online squads and 6 mins same as the league really if its not counted ill gladly play again I'm Chelsea and he's United in the Prem by the way

7min games in this lg?

Did I tell anyone to go play games? This is what I am talking about and why I said we would have to see if we run the league. Simple basic rules and people cant follow them. No the game doesn't count and if you actually read the rules like you were supposed to instead of just clicking thanks you would see its 2x7 min halves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Everyone has a smartphone or a camera. Take a photo of the end result, stick it up on the forum thread to verify?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Thats grand no problem playing again as it was quite a good even game :)

Additional Rules/Settings for league as online friendlies:

Xbox Live - Online Friendlies

Settings to use:

Half Length - 7 mins
    Game Speed - Normal
    Squad Type - Custom

Whoever is the home team is to host the game.

Results to be posted in the results thread - make sure to post all the information, the division , the teams and the scores every time. We haven't the time to be going checking up what division you are in.

Blocking the keeper kicking it out, passing around the back wasting time to run down the clock and any other unsporting behaviour is not allowed.

Any messing etc will not be tolerated and anyone doing so will be kicked. You are all playing long enough now to know the rules. You should have all read the rules sticky and given thanks at this stage, if you havent done so. If you cant agree on the score then theres a very simple solution, you both get kicked.

Game on!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

Lads I've had to travel for work this week on short notice. I'll pm eveyone im due to play later but it looks like I won't be available until the weekend. Apologies for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Nice to see this is going ahead. Good luck to all involved and hopefully it will all run smoothly :)

Tough start for me, up against treble11, parawind and mr moon. I'll be happy if I manage to get anything out of these games really.

Should be on later this evening some time if you guys are about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭GaughMan

I'll be on around 9 if anyone I'm due to play wants a game?

Advertisement