Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three: Is this the Worst Mobile Phone Network in the World?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Your post is a load of gibberish, TBH. Unreadable. Can you tidy it up, please, and the post it in the Talk to...3 forum:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MackMuck

(Sorry.... wee formatting problem with the last post)

I have been in communication with Three about the poor service we receive with our 3 contract. I first contacted them on 25 January 2012.
    I was asked to keep a log of problems with the network for a few days. I did this, and sent the information to them. I sent them a list of 23 times that the service would not work, including date, time, location, and an exact description of what the problem was (eg dropped call, could not open email, could not open website, could not download app, no service, etc.)

I was told my handset was faulty, and it would be repaired. It took about a month for my handset to be collected, as they had recorded my address incorrectly, and the Jiffy bag had been sent to an unknown address. I was told my handset was unrepairable, and I was sent a new one.
    When I got the new handset, it was damaged. I had to send this back, and await a new one.
    This new handset did not show any signs of improvement. I contacted them again. I was told that their records showed that I have good internet connection on the handset. This was because I had wi-fi in use all of the time.
    I have spoken to several of their representatives over the following weeks. Each time I have been told that the issue has been ‘escalated’. Three have a policy have referring all problems to the ‘Network Team’, ie go away any we will fob you off and hopefully you won’t bother us again.

All this time, I have been left with an unusable phone. I recorded a further 110 times that I have tried to use the phone in the following few weeks, with the same exact details as before. All of these incidences were recorded in the kitchen of my house. I do not carry the handset outside of the house because it does not work:

When I spoke to ‘Vicky’ recently, he told me that if the service did not improve, 3 would put a service limitation on the contract. I asked him what this meant, and he said that you would cancel the contract. This was good news to me, and I thought this was fair enough.
    I have since been in contact with the 'Network Team' a few times. They promised to call back, but they have not called back. As this phone service and customer service continued to be appalling, I cancelled the contract, and the Direct Debit. I sent them an email stating this, and I re-confirmed my address where they could collect their iPhone.
    They started to phone my PARENTS-IN-LAW daily. This was despite the fact that they had all of my contact details available to them.
    Three continued to send bills every month, and they did not further acknowledge any of the emails I sent to them with the above information.
    I thought this matter was over, but they called my wife recently, and threatened legal action for recovery of ‘amounts owed’ (bearing in mind that the phone is not used at all). Unfortunately, we wife felt under pressure and paid them another €178 for a service which wee do not have.
    If Three would like to call me, I would like to discuss the problem with them and my legal representative, Bata Mór.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

What do you expect us to do about this?

I suggest you log a complaint with comreg and cancel any direct debits if Three are not fulfilling the contract you have with them.

If you are ever in contact with Three record any conversations and keeps copies of letters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

There used be a Three complaints thread with thousands of posts stickied at the top of the broadband forum.

Advertisement